We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pueblo Caribe - 2 November

kent
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Pueblo Caribe - 2 November

I'm off to Pueblo Caribe on 2 November with a friend. As two single females, how safe will it be for us on the island as I've read conflicting reviews?

Also, has anyone been to Pueblo Caribe in the last few weeks? I'm certainly going with an open mind and cannot wait!

Thanks.

northants
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pueblo Caribe - 2 November

Hi mumof242

me and my husband are off to Dunes on 2 November, flying from Gatwick. Looking forward to it. I have not been to Margarita before but i am pretty sure you will be safe. Are you excited?

Cheers

Silvia

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
726 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pueblo Caribe - 2 November

The island is quite safe as long as you use common sense. Don't give someone a reason to be able steal from you and don't put yourself in a position where someone can take advantage of you. In other words "Don't make yourself a target.". You are a "rich" tourist and there are people that think they can benefit from that.

1. Leave your jewelry at home

2. Keep valuables out of site when not being used.

3. Be aware of your surroundings, especially at night.

4. Be careful when selecting cabs. Use registered cabs only.

5. Don't get too drunk at local bar.

6. Don't worry, just enjoy what the island has to offer!

kent
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Pueblo Caribe - 2 November

Hi Silvia - yes, very excited. We're flying from Gatwick too so maybe see you on the plane!

MIG - thanks for the useful information.

If anyone else has any up-to-date info on Pueblo Caribe that would be useful, it would be much appreciated.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pueblo Caribe - 2 November

Hi,

I wouldn't worry unduly, my sister and I (both single) are visiting the island for the 3rd time, also on the 2nd Nov and have never had any problems.

Mig-admin's points are very sensible and if you follow this sort of advice, you shouldn't go too far wrong.

Hope you guys have a great time :)

A

kent
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Pueblo Caribe - 2 November

Thanks Ali. I'm getting soooo excited! Hope you two have a great time also - it's a good sign that you're going for a 3rd time.

Ilfracombe
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pueblo Caribe - 2 November

Hi - we go on 16th Nov.

Silly question - but does anyone know if there a kettle in the room - I love my early morning coffee.

Many thanks

Anne

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,380 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pueblo Caribe - 2 November

no kettle in the rooms anne but if you're with 1st Choice you will be next to the bar in La Cascada and there will be coffee and tea available from very early in the morning.

Ilfracombe
Level Contributor
4 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pueblo Caribe - 2 November

Hi - thanks for the reponse - thought it was too much to ask. Yes we are travelling with First Choice.

Do different agents get different room allocations ?

Next to the bar eh ! - not too far to stagger home then !!

Anne

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
872 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pueblo Caribe - 2 November

Dont worry Anne the la casada is where the bar is so you are a short stumble back to your room at night and the coffee urns are there quite early as i am an early riser and need my caffien fix in the morning and i have been twice and loved it both times all you need to do is take mig admins advice and realise it is 2* and a basic hotel but you do get cocktails and i found the food to be fine as when i was there this june only 1 restaurant open due to refurbishment but all open and ok now have a good time. Julie.

10. Re: Pueblo Caribe - 2 November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 21:16
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island