We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need help deciding

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Topic
need help deciding

Going to be going to Margarita in January, but having some trouble deciding which resort to stay at

if anyone could help me out that would be great....

pretty much the only thing i am concerned about is food and drinks....ahahahah

i am contemplating the Dunes and the Isla Caribe...

someone, everyone give me your thoughts on where to stay!

Gran Sabana
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: need help deciding

Dunes is a good choice , also Laguna Mar, Hesperia at Pedro Gonzalez is a new resort with small private beach, but nothing around just mountains and motorway.

Anyway the best food is in local restaurants in Playa el Agua close to the beach or in Porlamar. The best night life as well.

Best Regards, Edyta

Lindsay, Ontario
Level Contributor
331 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need help deciding

I went to my travel agent and she had been to the resort we booked in February/09. This site is great for info and reviews. We went with our choice of Laguna Mar????? The travel agent has been there, good things were said??? We are in our early/mid 50's so we are looking for beach, sun, cold drinks and some good laughs??? This is our first time to this island. Went to San Andres last year, loved it.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
725 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need help deciding

The Dunes would be a better choice of the two as its on the higher end of the scale and Isla Caribe is at lower end.

Others have mentioned Lagunamar. This is a big property with lots of pools and restaurants as well as beachfront. Drinks in the lobby bars are very good while drinks at the outdoor bars are decent. Their Guacoco bar has an expresso machine so its a great place to enjoy a morning cappacino. Buffet food is ok but the other restaurants located on the property such as Salvatores are really good.

The food that can be found outside of the resort is great; especially, if you enjoy seafood. Grilled fish, massive prawns, pastas, pizzas, and local items such as arepeas, empanadas, cachapas, etc can be easily be found.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
2,777 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: need help deciding

We have stayed at the Dunes twice,we found something to eat every night....no problem.

The breakfast is ok, omeletes cooked to order,waffles,pancakes cereal,plus eggs,bacon,toast,fruit etc.

Lunch was either in the main restaurant or the beach restaurant again lots of choices,theres also a burger bar by the pool that serves hot dogs and burgers and salad,so lots of choices.

The drinks were great in fact some of them were too strong,we loved it both times.

Portsmouth uk
Level Contributor
231 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: need help deciding

Forget about the Dunes and the Isla Caribe and go to Le Flamboyant. It is in the area of Playa Aqua and whilst the food isn't the best in the world there is PLENTY of it! It is buffet style so you can have something of everything if you wish - lunches better than evening. Drink available 11 -11. Beach bar 11-4.

The advantage of Les Flamboyant is that it isn't isolated like other hotels. There are restaurants and bars all around it and somewhere interesting to walk. Small supermarkets within easy distance to buy any extras!

6. Re: need help deciding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 23:17
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island
Recent Conversations