We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

margarita island????? need info please

timmins
9 posts
Save Topic
margarita island????? need info please

I am looking at travelling to margarita island in march with my boyfriend...and we were looking at the hesperia isla margarita, lti, dunnes or lagunamar or hesperia play agua??? could anyone recommend a good one...

im looking for a beautiful beach, good food....close enough to do things??

any other information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated about food, shopping, excursions, cabs???

thanks

josee

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
725 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: margarita island????? need info please

All the properties you are looking at are good. They are all located near nice beaches but only Hesperia Playa El Agua is located near restaurants, shops, bars, etc.. Note that taxis are cheap and plentiful so if you choose one of the other hotels you can easily get to restaurants, shops, and other great beaches.

Food in AI hotels is average at best but food outside of the restaurant can be great. Look for my MI food post in this forum where I mention just a few of the many food items available on the island.

There are several places for shopping. You can go to Sambil Mall in the south-west corner of the island. Its a modern mall with lots of stores, a huge food court and a variety of restaurants including mexican, sushi & a Hard Rock cafe. You could visit the big outdoor flea market in Porlamar. They are hundreds of small stalls selling clothes, cosmetics, electronics, cds, dvds, etc. You could venture down to Avenida 4 de Mayo where you can find a variety of stores.

Excursions include Jeep Safari, Round the Island, catamaran trips to isla coche and isla cubagua. Some day trips require a flight but you would be able to visit places such as Los Roques, Canaima, and see Angel Falls. I highly recommend a Jeep Safari tour as its a great way to experience Margarita Island.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: margarita island????? need info please

Josee,

Mig is right on... do a jeep tour early in your vacation to see the sites of the island and then do day trips back to some of the sites and beaches... many great beaches .. some very small and secluded and a few large and very public!

Remember the jeep trips are all day and ask for a covered one or you could get very burnt!!!! The sun is very intense at this close latitude to the equator!

timmins
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: margarita island????? need info please

Great...thank you for the infomration. I have heard many good things about this jeep tour..

any recomendations on where to stay hotel????

timmins
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: margarita island????? need info please

awesome, thank you so much for the information..makes things a little easier...

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: margarita island????? need info please

NGT, get yourself that thermal tiny bikini (Timmins) and you will love Playa El Agua beach and street strip.It is a more happening place with the largest beach on the island. If you decide to stay in this area... find a hotel that has a beach bar location as well. (most have located near the beach) You can enjoy your drinks walking the beach and/or street area shopping. In fact you can stop at any variety store and buy yourself 2 vodka coolers for the equalivalent of $1 USD and continue your walk.

My wife thought that was very cool!

MrZ
Margarita Island
Level Contributor
369 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: margarita island????? need info please

Bikini optional!

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,229 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: margarita island????? need info please

From seeing the last few posts I think Mr. Z has been into the Polar a little early today :-)

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: margarita island????? need info please

Well, i will tell you this... if we were there now.. we would be tipping back a few enjpying that great weather.... about to snow here now and very overcast and no sun for days!!! Have a couple for us!!!

Saluate...

MrZ
Margarita Island
Level Contributor
369 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: margarita island????? need info please

Just enjoying a few, waiting for the snow.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: margarita island????? need info please

Z.... LOL! Have a few more and get some friends to drop ice cubes from the roof top on your exposed body.....simulate freezing HAIL in the 90 degree plus temps....!!!! Instant GLOBAL COOLING! HA!HA! A true kodak moment!

Need a warm vacation... heading to Jamaica next week and MI in FEB, if we can get a deal?

Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island
Recent Conversations