We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bad reviews at the dunes

coventry,england
Level Contributor
624 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
bad reviews at the dunes

I regularly monitor the reviews on the dunes as i will be going there 2 weeks today.However there seems to be some bad reviews lately.The majority of these reviews are about the rooms and the food.I feel sorry for those that have posted bad reviews as their dream holiday couldnt have gone well.The way i see it is you make the best of it as you can as not to completely hate the whole excperience.I for one will be going with an open mind and making every effort to enjoy myself.I wont be spending much time in the room anyway,and as for the food i will eat anything as long as it soaks up the amount of alcohol i will be drinking.Cant wait for the day to come,looking forward to meeting the staff and other guests for a cracking festive season.

Mags(ken)

venezuela
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: bad reviews at the dunes

I have talked too many people who have stayed at the Dunes resort. I have heard mostly good reports. Some people have told me the beds were hard. I think you will have a good time at the resort. Have a wonderful vacation!

Leicestershire
Level Contributor
312 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bad reviews at the dunes

Hi

What bad reviews? I keep a close syse on the reviews too and the reviews seem good? Also overally it has been given 4 star rating by visitors so most people must be happy?

I don't have any major worries and I am a nightmare to keep happy on holiday!!

have fun

Kir321

coventry,england
Level Contributor
624 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bad reviews at the dunes

Hi kir321,

If i remember previous posts i think we are both going to the dunes on the 21st dec? Know doubt we will proberly bump into each other,if we do the beers are on me.I am like you really looking forward to the holiday and cant wait,my post about bad reviews was based on the last 8 or so posts on the main tripadvisor page which makes referance to the dunes hotel.Out of those 8 reviws there was about 4 that had bad experiences on their hol,especially the last one posted by Vingh!There are loads of great reviews which make me feel a lot happier about the place and i am really looking forward to going.A holiday is what you make it and no matter what other people say i will always enjoy myself,and believe it or not i have travelled quite extensively around the world,having served 22yrs in the army and i have yet to visit a place i have conplained about.I look forward to meeting new people and experiencing their cultures,my name is Ken and you will find me and the wife in the bar,hopefully we will meet up and have a drink.if not i hope you have a great holiday.

Lindsay, Ontario
Level Contributor
331 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bad reviews at the dunes

Have a great holiday and we all look forward to reading your great review of your great holiday in Margarita Island where the weather is great, the food is great, everything is great. Have a great holiday and think about us poor people sitting in the warm house looking at the snow flakes coming down, piling up and the wind whipping around us when we go outside. Have a great holiday from someone in Ontario Canada, that's can hardly wait to go south in February! Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

5. Re: bad reviews at the dunes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island