We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moped Rentals? Too dangerous?

Gatineau, Quebec
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Moped Rentals? Too dangerous?

I would love to rent mopeds to boot around the island. I've read that local drivers are a little on the wild side and that traffic laws road signs are mere suggestions.

Also, can someone tell me where we can rent them? We are staying at Playa Del Agua.

Thanks!

Porlamar
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Moped Rentals? Too dangerous?

just make sure your life insurance policy is paid and your will is up to date!

Gatineau, Quebec
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Moped Rentals? Too dangerous?

Wow...that bad eh? I guess it's not a good idea!!!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
727 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Moped Rentals? Too dangerous?

You would be much better off booting around the island in a rented 4-wheeled vehicle. Perhaps something with a rag top. Yes, the drivers can be a bit crazy and its not uncommon for a driver to be drunk or stoned. Another problem is that some of the roads are not suitable for mopeds as they have little or no shoulders. Also, the island is a little to big to be exploring with a moped IMHO.

If you want to rent a 4-wheeled vehicle don't rent it through your hotel as they will inflate the price. There is a rental agency in Playa El Agua that I think is called "Amigo Rental" and they have decent prices. There are 4-5 rental companies located in the parking lot in front of Hotel Bella Vista hotel that offer good prices.

4. Re: Moped Rentals? Too dangerous?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2009, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island
Recent Conversations