We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lidotel

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
318 reviews
Save Topic
Lidotel

Guys

Can anybody give me the low-down on Lidotel Margarita? I know it's quite new but there is very little news out there about it. We normally stay at the Hilton but thought to give this place a try out this year (Feb). Thanks in advance.

Caracas, Venezuela
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lidotel

Well all I can say is the lobby looks quite nice from outside! The problem is it is located in Sambil, with views of the car park! Not really what most tourists would want....

My guess is it is aimed at business visitors and people from the mainland that like to shop shop shop and nothing else!

Have you checked out their website?

www.lidotel.com.ve

MrZ
Margarita Island
Level Contributor
369 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lidotel

I have to politely disagree about the views. I have been known to frequent the pool side BAR on the roof and the view is OUTSTANDING. I guess the first few floors might have a sucky view.........so get HIGH!!

Caracas, Venezuela
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lidotel

OK maybe the views up high are good, but it's still located at the mall. My guess is tourists that work hard all year would prefer something nearer the beach. Also getting into Sambil in high season like we have seen recently has been a nightmare!

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lidotel

Looking at taking the local bus from Playa El Agua and in front of Johnny's to Sambil mall for a cultural ride. Any idea on the length of time and cost? Thx

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lidotel

Thanks guys - I saw the pool on the roof which drew me to the idea of staying there; we normally go to a different beach each day anyway so I'll get my ocean views from there. Thanks again.

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,238 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lidotel

I dropped in there in October & asked about prices.

It is very expensive.

Looks nice & is certainly convenient to all the shops & restaurants in Sambil. It's located right next to the movie theaters.

In order to get a local bus from Johny's to Sambil you would have to first go into Porlamar & then take another bus that runs along the 4 de Mayo to Pampatar.

Probably a lot easier to take a taxi for about US$10.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Lidotel

Playa El Agua... I agree the taxi sounds the easiest but we need to enjoy that bus trip somewhere for a morning of cultural experiences....

Thx

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,238 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lidotel

Take it to the Conejeros which is a huge flea market & is on the direct route from Playa El Agua to Porlamar.

When you pass El Valle you will see an overpass that leads to the route to the airport. Just get out there & walk up the hill. Or just tell the bus driver to let you off there.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Lidotel

Gracias... Playa1 El Agua!!!!

This may challenge my limited spanish speaking ability!!!! May end up in Caracas.....LOL!

Sound like a great trip in any case! Will the bus pick you back up on the way back to Playa El Agua from this isolated location? How long in bus time for the trip to Porlamar?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lidotel

Guys - I just wanted to bring this back to the top as I have just returned from a short stay at Lidotel MI. If you are looking for a hotel with tip-top service; this is the one. I'm not quite sure where they found the guys that work in this hotel but the ethos is very refreshing - they've got a real can-do' attitude. I'll pop a review on when I get back home.

Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island
Recent Conversations