We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at The Dunes in April?

Bedfordshire...
Level Contributor
71 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Staying at The Dunes in April?

My Wife and I will be staying at The Dunes during the first two weeks of April, and wondered if anybody else off here will be there at the same time.

Must admit, we are excited about it, as it has always been my wifes ambition to see Angel Falls (and hopefully she will be able to, weather permitting)

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at The Dunes in April?

4 of us ladies will be there from 24-31MAR. Sorry to say our dates don't match. However, I am very interested in knowing 'why' your wife ambition/attration is to Angel Falls? We are debating if we will do that excursion.

coventry,england
Level Contributor
624 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at The Dunes in April?

erictcow,

Referance the angel falls trip,didnt do it myself but had a few friends who did whilst we were there.They said that they didnt see the falls due to bad weather but thats not saying you wont if you go.However a tip for you that they dont tell you before you go,i hope it helps.You stay overnight on the orrinnoco delta,it is jungle area and you will need to take adequate clothing ie long pants and trainers,some people didnt and suffered with the terrain.Also you sleep out at night in a little shack,so take plenty of mossie spray i would recommend the stuff they sell in margarita called "off" its what the locals use and is very good,the stuff we took from here wasnt that effective.Not trying to put you off,spoke to others who done the trip they said they seen the falls and it was great,i am just trying to make sure you cover all eventuallities,have a great trip,talk to marcos on the beach he will do you a better deal than first choice rep.

Ken

coventry,england
Level Contributor
624 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at The Dunes in April?

Hi all,

Forgot to say,if you do the overnight trip it costs about £600 for a couple,so take plenty of money to cover other trips.

ken

Bedfordshire...
Level Contributor
71 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at The Dunes in April?

2-CND, in answer to your question, my wife has always wanted to see Angel Falls from being a little child. I think firstly because it's the tallest waterfall in the world (nearly 1Km in height) - also, they're not very easy to get to, with them being in the middle of the jungle, so not that many people have seen them (certainly not from the UK anyway)

If you do decide to see them, I hope that you get a clear day, so you can see them in all their splendour!

England
Level Contributor
6 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying at The Dunes in April?

Will probably be on the same flight if you are going from Gatwick!

connecticut,
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying at The Dunes in April?

I will be there from the 28th of march to the 4 of april. So maybe we will meet . MikeB connecticut usa

England
Level Contributor
6 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying at The Dunes in April?

We arrive on the 29th, so after battling through the airport (apparently a bit of wait!), we'll be joining you for drinks before sunset :)

Dan

Bedfordshire...
Level Contributor
71 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Staying at The Dunes in April?

look slike we will be on the same flight Dan!

England
Level Contributor
6 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Staying at The Dunes in April?

Excellent - looks like there will be a few of us there struggling with our Spanish :) I'm sure we'll all find each other either round the pool or in the piano bar. I'll be the 6'3 bloke with a beard and the slightly stunned look of the newly married!

Look forward to seeing you all there!

Dan

10. Re: Staying at The Dunes in April?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 00:19
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island