We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

price drop

Toronto ont.
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Topic
price drop

Prices have dropped greatly about $ 400 for 2 weeks since DEC from toronto but not from Montreal

Have not seen them this low in years.

Any comments

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: price drop

Tourism & travel are down worldwide due to the economic crisis.

They are probably just trying to fill empty seats.

It's a great opportunity for those of you who would like to break away from the "all inclusive" route & come "air only" and stay at an independent location.

Great for the economy of the Island :-)

New Brunswick Canada
Level Contributor
760 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: price drop

I have noticed some great last min. Deals from Montreal also.

Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: price drop

I cannot agree with the both of you!

Paid on Dec 31 $617.00 + $183.00 for 2 weeks all inclusive. The flight for 2 weeks at that time was $449.00 + $183.00.

In my previous visits I stayed at independent posadas, but this price beats that.

Porlamar, Venezuela
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: price drop

My friend just came down for 299+tax and another is coming for 399+tax, pretty good prices. One thing that Air Transat has done differently this year is capping how long you can come for. Previously you could book, for example, in December and return home on any flight they offered until they stopped service. Not so anymore. My friend just tried and they wanted her to buy on ticket for a max two weeks and then buy ANOTHER for a later date if she wanted to stay longer. Suffice it to say she is flying with Air Canada which is offering pretty good prices to Caracas - 209 each way plus taxes for a total of sevensomething and she will stay about 3 months.

Caracas, Venezuela
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: price drop

First Choice have the same bizarre rule, even for flight only fares. The computer won't let you come for more than 2 weeks.

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: price drop

whats a good price to pay now?

what are you guys paying from britain?

7. Re: price drop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2009, 23:18
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island