We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dunes hotel bad reviews best rooms

rotherham england
9 posts
Save Topic
dunes hotel bad reviews best rooms

Can anyone please advise me of any decent room numbers to stay in.pleaseWe booked this hotel based on all the good reviewsbut recently they are all badWe dont expect luxury. After holidaying in India for the last 3 years, with their standards we are prepared for most things, Everyone seems to change rooms so any info on a decent one would be much appreciated.I know some people are harder to please than othersbut there are more bad reviews than good.If some people havent enjoyed their hols they should keep all the bad bits to theirselves instead of spoiling it for the people who have already bookedwho are looking forward to their holidays.If they want 5 star luxury they should they should pay the price that comes with it.Was looking forward to my hols but rather apprehensive now. We are travelling on 1st March

uk
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: dunes hotel bad reviews best rooms

hi we too travel there on the 1st march but are looking forward to a good time there,as we both from s.yorks we should be able to cope with anything (within reason lol)race u to the bar last one there gets drinks in!!Have been in touch with a few who have stayed there and they say its not as bad as you read in reviews,just some being picky.also i hear if you dont like the room you can easily move to another.see you early at gatwick on the 1st march!

(p.s. we are going for my daughters 18th b-day so will have a good time anyways lol)also we will be recognised by are accents!!go and enjoy your hols,

tim and family

Canada
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: dunes hotel bad reviews best rooms

From a Canadian boy to my friends in the UK. I have been to the Dunes Hotel 5 years ago and had a wonderful time. I went with family (8 of us) and stayed for 2 weeks. While it is not a 5 star it is a 4 and the rooms were fine during our stay. I am bringing my wife my eldest son and his fiance' back to the Dunes for 2 weeks on March 3rd. I have been to Cuba, Dominican Republic and Mexico twice since my trip to Margarita and hold it high on my list.

rotherham england
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: dunes hotel bad reviews best rooms

thanks feel a bit better now

carol

coventry,england
Level Contributor
624 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dunes hotel bad reviews best rooms

Carole,

a lot of the bad reviws about this resort are from Bitish families.I was there for christmas and new year,and if you trawl this forum for my posts you will see that i had a great time.The british people go with great expectations of this place because of the money they have payed out,and rightly so.However this is not like other carribean islands it is a bit run down and has rubbish every were.That aside if you go with an open mind you will be ok.When we were there because it was full they opened the new area,i think it depends on how many people are there at the time if they do.If it is quite full ask for a room in this area and you wont be dissapointed.The place isnt that bad,you have great hot hot sun,take high factor lotion,there is plenty of drink available and something to eat for everyone,what else do you want,ignore the bad reviws as this will make you feel depressed before you go.Get out there girl and have a bloody good time,and ignore the moaning B------s on this forum.

Ken

London, UK
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dunes hotel bad reviews best rooms

I've just returned from Dunes and had a good time. Had a room in the new area (Block 51) and would recommend requesting a room here. I'm a very fussy eater but always found something I liked. The Beach restaurant for lunch wasn't as good as last year but the main restaurant was pretty good. The main problem we had was the weather, it poured with rain quite often. I'll try to post a full report soon.

6. Re: dunes hotel bad reviews best rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island
Recent Conversations