We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of Taxi, etc. in Bolivars?

St. Catharines
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of Taxi, etc. in Bolivars?

I'm leaving for MI on the 24th and am trying to create a rough budget in Bolivars (since we'll be changing all our USD). I know that a taxi is around 7USD/hour, but what does that translate to in BsF?

Also, what are average prices of "beach goods" (jewelry, trinkets, etc) in BsF - we don't plan on doing any shopping at the mall or anything, as that seems to be more expensive than shopping here! Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Porlamar, Venezuela
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of Taxi, etc. in Bolivars?

Hi Amanda,

Short taxi trips are minimum 10 bs. I don't where you're staying or going but longer trips ie from beach to beach may cost upto 50 each way. You can hire a taxi for 7-8 hours for about 200bs.

Beach/street food is pretty cheap - empanadas 4bs and up, sweets about 3-5, hot dogs 4, hamburgers 10-12. Trinkets and jewlery depend on your bargaining ability but they sell everything from sunglasses, watches, kids toys, apparel, jewelry and on and on.

St. Catharines
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of Taxi, etc. in Bolivars?

That's great, thanks for the info!

3. Re: Cost of Taxi, etc. in Bolivars?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 12:30
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island
Recent Conversations