We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

two types of stores on Margarita?

Denver
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
two types of stores on Margarita?

Are there any decent office supply stores on Margarita?

also, are there any natural/health food stores worth checking out?

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: two types of stores on Margarita?

There are a few stores here that stock office supplies but the choices are limited.

Think "Office Depot" & subtract about 90%.

One of the things we do when we go to Florida is visit an OD & stock up on quality things like pens, post it notes, etc.

Natural food stores are not a big deal here in Venezuela. The culture is definitely aimed in another direction. That coupled with supply problems limits their availability.

Caracas, Venezuela
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: two types of stores on Margarita?

Organic and health food as already said is just not available down here. One has to stock up abroad for those luxuries!

Porlamar, Venezuela
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: two types of stores on Margarita?

I have seen a couple of natural/health type stores, one on Av Bolivar in Bella Vista and the other...I'm not sure but I'm thinking La Redoma in Los Robles. There are also several stores specializing in health supplements, protein powders, muscle builders etc, there's one in Sambil. As far as place to go for "health food" ie a restaurant I'm afriad the other posters are correct.

margarita island
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: two types of stores on Margarita?

all the produce in the grocery stores and the stands is organic, and im pretty sure its by law.

5. Re: two types of stores on Margarita?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 17:17
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island
Recent Conversations