We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

el yaque beach hotel recommendation

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Topic
el yaque beach hotel recommendation

Hello,

I am considering hotels for El Yaque. My boofriend is going to windsurf and me - just relax. Which one of these is recommended:

California Hotel, Jump'n Jibe, El Yaque Beach hotel, El Yaque Paradise? Are they all directly on the beach. Anyone been there? I'd appreciate any help.

Magda

valencia
Level Contributor
400 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: el yaque beach hotel recommendation

el yaque beach, and california beach, they are good hotels

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: el yaque beach hotel recommendation

I live in el Yaque so know the hotels quite well-El Yaque Beach, Jump n' Jibe, and el Yaque Paradise are directly on the beach.El Yaque Paradise has a pool as does hotel California which is just across the street from the beach and has a nice garden area around the pool. The Hotel California has the best restaurant of the four choices.

They are all good hotels-Jump and Jibe being kind of a boutique type hotel with nice garden in front of the beach and is swiss owned and operated.

The Oasis hotel is next to the Windsurf Paradise hotel and also has a pool.

There are also a number of small, family run, "Posadas" or guesthouses which are quite good and more economical which are not on the beach but nearby in residential neighborhoods. If you want more info send me a personal message here.

Have a good time in el Yaque-its been WINDY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Save Reply
3. Re: el yaque beach hotel recommendation

I am looking for the best deal in playa el yaque for a safe place to stay for an entire month after easter. Would perfer a small apartment or something else in one of the residential villages. Do you know of anything affordable and safe>

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,179 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: el yaque beach hotel recommendation

islandlover60

if you send me a private message I can help you with a one bedroom apartment for the month after easter

Calgary, Alberta
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: el yaque beach hotel recommendation

Whatever you do, DO NOT STAY at the Windsurf Oasis. It's an absolute dump with really bad breakfast. During our stay in December 09, four little mice visited us in our room. We had to kill all of them. After a few days, we switched over to the Paradise right next door into a remodeled room. 10 times better and the breakfast and attention is really good!

Tuncer

greece
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: el yaque beach hotel recommendation

Hi!

Are you still over there?

We are coming Margarita next week. For kitesurfing. Planning to stay for a month.Can you tell the possible price for a apartmant or hotel room on the beach?

Thank you for your help.

Dimitra Greece

Paradise Skies
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: el yaque beach hotel recommendation

You have to be very careful when renting an apartment in Margarita. There have been several instances of break-ins and money being stolen while the occupants were not home. Even ones that have security guards should not always be trusted. Sometimes the security guard is in on it himself. Go to a hotel and be safer with no worries. Sometimes saving money can be a much more expensive proposition that you bargained for.

Edited: 28 January 2010, 16:15
8. Re: el yaque beach hotel recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2010, 08:17
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island