We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venezuela Earth Quake

Hamilton, Ont.
6 posts
Save Topic
Venezuela Earth Quake

We are leaving for Margarita on Tuesday. Have there been any problems as a result of the Earth Quake on the 15th.

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,166 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venezuela Earth Quake

The earthquake of 5.6 richter was located between Carupano and Casanay on the mainland of Venezuela and was felt in some parts of the island but many people did not even realize there was a tremor till it came out in the news-no damage whatsoever and no injuries-so no problem for your vacation, however we should pray for Haiti and the Haitains and I implore all those that read this post to donate in some way to the rescue and recovery of Haiti.

Hamilton, Ont.
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Venezuela Earth Quake

Thankyou for your reply!! and I agree with you, we all have to help Haiti in anyway we possibly can. I am so glad that this same horror did not occur in Venezuela.

Montreal, Quebec
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venezuela Earth Quake

we are also leaving next Tuesday, see you there.

Hoping for a nice week on a beach! M&B

4. Re: Venezuela Earth Quake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island