We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gay friendly?

ontario
1 post
Save Topic
Gay friendly?

Would like to know if the island is gay friendly.

Caracas, Venezuela
Level Contributor
515 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gay friendly?

I truly don't know how the straight community is toward the gay community in MI. All I know is that there is a gay community in Margarita because I know a DJ that does parties there and he told me the gay party scene is pretty good. You could contact people there and ask them directly. I recommend you check www.margaritagay.com (it's in spanish) and make some contacts. Knowing Venezuelans, they wil be more than happy to help you have a great time in MI.

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gay friendly?

I would say Margarita and Venezuela are much more gay tolerant than many of the other, more constervative, Catholic Caribbean islands.

I just suggest that open displays of affection in public places should be avoided. Remember that this country is 90 Catholic.

Just go and have a good time-there is actually a fairly large gay communtiy on Margarita.

As the previous poster (Nelven) said Venezuelans are more than happy to help you have a good time (straight or gay)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gay friendly?

My partner (a Venezuelan) and I have been going to MI and CCS for ten years+. The changes that we've seen in this short time have been amazing. The 'discos' in CCS on our first trips were in multi-storey car parks and very much 'under cover'. In recent years it's really come on and gays are very visible all over the city. MI has always, in our opinion, been gay friendly and we continue to visit - without any hassle. Message me if you need any more info.

4. Re: Gay friendly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island
Recent Conversations