We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trinidad to Margarita Island Flights and Airports

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
745 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Trinidad to Margarita Island Flights and Airports

Hi, I am trying the various airports I see listed for these flights. With no luck! Someone kindly posted you can get there through Conviasa and Avior..... but I tried their websites and get nothing.

HELP? thanks!

Caracas, Venezuela
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trinidad to Margarita Island Flights and Airports

Avior have suspended flights between Trinidad and Margarita.

Conviasa have flights every afternoon except Tuesdays and Saturdays. You cannot book any Conviasa international flight on their website, you have to call/email their reservations department or go to a travel agent or other online booking website.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
745 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trinidad to Margarita Island Flights and Airports

Thank you again!

Oh No! would you happen to know why???? Do you think it is temporary? That would explain why I can't get it on the sites!

We will probably need to go from Trinidad to MI on a Saturday, and leave on a Saturday...... Much more complicated for us to go through Caracas...

Caracas, Venezuela
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trinidad to Margarita Island Flights and Airports

The Miami office of Avior told me that they have suspended flights (no reason given) and that they hope to bring back the route in the future.

The only way to get to Margarita on a Saturday from Trinidad is on Caribbean Airlines to Caracas first. Otherwise you would have to wait for the Sunday direct flight.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
745 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trinidad to Margarita Island Flights and Airports

Ok, thanks very much for the info!

Margarita Island...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Trinidad to Margarita Island Flights and Airports

Hello. use the follow link as a search engine, for flights from POS to PMV. I am going in June. They have really great prices.

www.cheapoair.com/Default.aspx…

Safe Travels!

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trinidad to Margarita Island Flights and Airports

For whatever it is worth-one of the easiest routes to the island is from Miami with AVIOR stopping to change planes in Barcelona, Ven.

The arrival and departure times work well.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
745 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trinidad to Margarita Island Flights and Airports

I'll check that out, thanks. We are trying to go from Winnipeg originally - then to Toronto, using our Airmiles... the cheapest so far is TO to Trinidad. But there we're stuck, trying to get directly to Porlamar, rather than Caracas... Hopefully the one airline will open up flights again....

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trinidad to Margarita Island Flights and Airports

suzieqcubabound-Knowing the Venezuelan airlines I would not count on AVIOR re-initiating thier flights any time soon.

As the other poster said-CONVIASA (as of this writting) has the only flights POs-PMV-POS.

If you do need to overnight in POS check out "LEOS' PLACE" B&B My brother and sister-in-law overnighted there in transit and said it was good for an overnight stay.

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trinidad to Margarita Island Flights and Airports

As far as I know Air Canada has flights from Toronto to Caracas-why not do that route?

Caracas airport is not nearly as intimidating as it is made out to be-

The only thing is that if you arrive into Caracas on a Saturday make sure you have your ongoing tickets to Margarita already purchased as saturdays from ccs-pmv are busy days for Caraquenos going over to the island-same goes for returning on Sundays or any holiday.

If you need any help on this end please feel free to send me a personal message.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
745 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trinidad to Margarita Island Flights and Airports

Hi there, re Air Canada, that's on excursions and it's on a Tuesday. We need to leave Friday or Saturday....

Thanks all, just checked out Miami - and it's very reasonable - but getting from Winnipeg to Miami might be tougher!!!! We'll figure it out sometime, I imagine.....

Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island
Recent Conversations