We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

margarita island for a single guy

Washington DC...
3 posts
Save Topic
margarita island for a single guy

hi -

i am traveling to margarita island during 1-July to 7-July, what's the ideal location to stay for a single guy?

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,153 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: margarita island for a single guy

That totally depends on what you are looking for.

If you want sun, beach & rest with the odd night out then probably Playa El Agua is your best choice.

If you want to party all night & sleep all day then Porlamar / Pampatar would be the better choice as there are many more nighttime clubs & bars .

Edited: 13 June 2010, 11:20
Washington DC...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: margarita island for a single guy

I think Playa El Agua sounds like a good place to stay, approximately how far away is Porlomar via taxi?

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,153 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: margarita island for a single guy

Depending on the time of day it would take from 25 to 40 minutes. Cost would be about US$10.

For a list of B&B's in the Playa El Agua area have a look at http://www.islamargarita.com/islamargp3.htm

Any other questions just ask.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: margarita island for a single guy

I am a Venezuelan living in London. I recommend Playa El Yaque, whilst it is a bit far from the city (airport closeby), it is the best place for young people with plenty of bars and fun.

Good luck!

Edited: 15 June 2010, 09:45
Washington DC...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: margarita island for a single guy

I am getting some conflicting information regarding the nightlife, does anyone have any detailed information on this? I just don't want to be in Margarita Island with very little to do during the evening.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
585 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: margarita island for a single guy

I just returned from Margarita Island and visited Playa la Aqua. Quite honestly, there is not much to do for single guys. The nighlife is so so...maybe on Friday & Saturday it is ok, but other days are rather slow. Even in Porlamar it not exactly hoping. Overall, Playa El Aqua is about 40 minutes away by taxi. The cost is 80Bsf.

Outside days at the beach, I certainly would not recommend travel as a single guy to the island for the nightlife.

7. Re: margarita island for a single guy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2011, 06:24
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island