We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel and money exchange

Denver, Colorado
3 posts
Save Topic
hotel and money exchange

I will be going to margarita next month and I plan on staying at Hotel Bella Vista in porlamar. Is there a lot of nightlife around this hotel? Is it safe to go out at night or will I have to take a taxi everywhere? Is there anywhere near this hotel where I could get the better "unofficial" exchange rate safely?

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,297 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel and money exchange

Hotel Bella Vista - wow that's a name from the past..

That was 1 of 2 foreign tourist hotels when I first visited Margarita in 1985.

I did a search on TripAdvisor & the last review is from 2008.

Have a look at tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g316062-d578454…

Can't comment much on the night life in that area however I would be careful with your security in that area at night.

No one will comment on places to get your money changed because it is illegal however rest assured that you will not have any trouble getting your US$ cash changed. Bring US$ in 50s & 100s.

Mentioned in this post
Margarita Island
Margarita Island
Coastal Islands, Venezuela
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
728 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel and money exchange

Bella Vista has a fence between the beach and the hotel property. This should tell you something about security. If you do choose to walk around at night exercise caution. Do not carry large amounts of money and do not wear jewelry. Even cheap jewelry might be enough to get the attention of an unwanted individual.

There is not much in the immediate area with regards to nightlife but Bella Vista is a short taxi ride from Senor Frogs. There is also a bar next door but I'm not sure of its name. Perhaps its called something like British Bulldog. Another popular spot is Kamy Beach in Pampatar. They have a website but its currently down due to expired domain name.

Last year there were a couple decent spots for money exchange just north of Bella Vista but I don't know if they are still doing it and I can't tell you where.

Mentioned in this post
Pampatar
Pampatar
Margarita Island, Venezuela
Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel and money exchange

Heh mig-admin-I think Sr. Frogs is closed now-city shut it down.

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel and money exchange

Don't walk around Bella Vista at night, take taxis to and from where you are going. Senor Frogs has shut down, but there are other clubs/bars in that complex.

5. Re: hotel and money exchange

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2010, 06:36
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island