We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

portofino hotel

montreal quebec...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
portofino hotel

can any give me their opinion onthis thinking og going in feb2011

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,224 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: portofino hotel

Have a look at this thread from a couple of weeks ago:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g316062-i5743-k381…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
725 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: portofino hotel

Friends of mine stayed there and didn't like it but I've talked with others would loved it. As I haven't stayed there myself I'm not sure what to think. I will say Portofino is an economy hotel in a secluded location right along the beach in a small by just north of Playa El Agua. Actually by taxi you'd be only minutes away from the Playa El Agua strip where there are a number of restaurants. If you like walking Portofino would be a interesting choice as there are small hills with worn paths leading to some nice views of the surrounding area. If you venture along the beach to the north of Portofino you will find a nice little beach called Playa Real.

Here is a video I made on the beach several years ago. At the time I made this video there was a lot less beach than there is now due to the weather they were having then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er2QCo-6Ivw

montreal quebec...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: portofino hotel

thank you so much for replying to my question. my husband and i are 63. 67 we love snorkelling and walking to explore the nearest villages. we travel on a budget since our retirement. when you say portofino is an economy hotel in what sense? could you recommend a better and maybe even closer one to town? anxiously waiting your reply lorrainewrigley@hotmail.com

4. Re: portofino hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2011, 07:25
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island
Recent Conversations