We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eating out

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
eating out

We have recently booked a holiday to margarita; however the reviews of our hotel food are not good can anyone advise how much a meal for two would cost in a typical restaurant, we are staying in Playa el Auga, can anyone advise if the bars are any good and what time they close.

Aylmer, Canada
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: eating out

Woody's bar is open til 3am and seems to be the hot spot on Playa el Agua! We had a great lunch at Dona Maria restaurant, it was the equivalent of $20.US with 2 beers and one Pepsi, we had fish and chips, called pescaro y papas!

We had dinner at La Isla which is a pretty nice place with real tablecloths :-) it was incredibly slow and disorganized and you didnt get much for your money, we came away disappointed. They also had a karaoke trio of females, who were not very good. One faked keyboards which was really sad.

Other people had lobster there and quite enjoyed it, tho they said it was slow and disorganized too. Our meal was good, just not enough of it, and took an hour to arrive at our table.

Mentioned in this post
Playa el Agua
Playa el Agua
Margarita Island, Venezuela
Bury, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: eating out

Hi there.Weve been to the island three times now.We always recomend La mamas at Juan griego and El pacifico at Playa el agua.The bars stay open quite late.A Meal for two with drinks about 20 pounds ahead.By the way what hotel are you staying.All of the all inclusive hotels have something to suit all tastes.So id give it a try before you make plans to start eating out.Youll have a great time.Were booking again for october stayin once again at Hesperia isla margarita.

Mentioned in this post
Juan Griego
Juan Griego
Hesperia Isla Margarita
Hesperia Isla Margarita
1,558 Reviews
Aylmer, Canada
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: eating out

Walney, I envy you, I'd like to go back and I havent been home for a week yet! We'd go back to the Flamenco as we really enjoyed it there, and the food was decent. The beach is lovely.

Knockentiber...
Level Contributor
650 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: eating out

El Pacifico on the beach, possibly the best down there.

If you like Thai, then go to Thai Chi, the food is amazing. I think about $40 for two with drinks.

Italian, Bella Italia, 10-15 mins in taxi from Playa on the main road. HUGE range of pizzas and small selection of pasta dishes.

Very, very reasonable and you can bring the leftovers back with you. But remember not to let the ants smell it!!!!! I would say don't go any place else if you fancy pizza.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
247 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: eating out

Also try Erwin's which just outside the the entrance of playa el agua (on the main road.) Cafe Solar has amazing indian food - but you have to book ahead of time.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: eating out

thanks alot for all the responses can't wait to now even though am not looking forward to the 9 and a half hour flight

Knockentiber...
Level Contributor
650 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: eating out

The First Choice flight is actually not that bad.

OTTAWA
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: eating out

anyone knows a good place for coffee in the morning.

Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island