We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lagunamar vs nh (hesperia)

Moscow
Level Contributor
18 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
lagunamar vs nh (hesperia)

Hi, I have never been to Margarita island, and would like to ask your piece of advice.

reading reviews on this forum, I understood that the best 4* all.inc. are Lagunamar and Hesperia Isla margarita (nh now). Oppions of Lagunamar are more positive but the sea on pictures is quite rough (waves).

Please advise, which of the 2 hotels (or may be other options) is better.

I looking for a calm beach for swimming, and if possible large shade areas and diet food.

Thank you for your help.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
728 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lagunamar vs nh (hesperia)

Hesperia Isla Margarita will have calmer waters compared to Lagunamar. It is located along the north side of Margarita with a very nice view and a nice beach. The beach at Lagunamar can have some rough surf. Lagunamar is a much bigger property with more pools and restaurants. Although I haven't stayed at Isla Margarita I'd suspect its the nicer hotel of the two. Lagunmar is near Porlamar which means you would be closer to nightlife and shopping. Isla Margarita is more secluded but taxis are relatively cheap.

Mentioned in this post
Hesperia Isla Margarita
Hesperia Isla Margarita
1,559 Reviews
Margarita Island, Venezuela
Porlamar
Porlamar
Moscow
Level Contributor
18 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lagunamar vs nh (hesperia)

Mig-admin, thank you for your help and for the exhaustive information on the two hotels. It is clear now.

Im still hesitating because of the pros and cons you mention, but i think i'll stay at Nh isla margarita for the calm beach.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
728 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lagunamar vs nh (hesperia)

I'm glad you found the info helpful.

A few more pros for Isla Margarita would be the sunsets and it is located near a number of nice little beaches with calm water. These beaches include Playa Zaragoza, Playa Guayacan and Playa Manzanillo. Zaragoza is the most developed of the three and the closest . Guayacan and Manzanillo are assocated with small fishing villages nestled in bays. Restaurants and beach chairs are available for a nominal fee at all three. These two locations are a must visit just because their photogenic surroundings.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Zaragoza
Playa Zaragoza
149 Reviews
Playa Manzanillo
Playa Manzanillo
130 Reviews
Moscow
Level Contributor
18 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lagunamar vs nh (hesperia)

Thank you for these tips, I love such scenic places.

(i wonder why the expensive hotels are always built somewhere far from such beautiful beaches).

thank you writing, I was exactly looking for a such a place to swim or just adore the sunset.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: lagunamar vs nh (hesperia)

mig-admin wouldn't steer you wrong.

6. Re: lagunamar vs nh (hesperia)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2012, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island