We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

200 BsF Notes

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Topic
200 BsF Notes

I was Googling the Bolivar Fuerte and unknown to me is the 200 BsF note. I have never gotten one when exchanging money in the past. Is this note widely circulated now or is it a rare find? It certainly is useful for exchanging large amounts of dollars. If you wanted to exchange $1000.00, you would end up with approx. 80-100BsF notes. You'd need a Brinks truck to haul it all to your cash box but with the 200BsF notes, which I did not know existed until now, it makes large transactions alittle easier and much more convenient.

Edited: 23 January 2011, 19:16
Juan Griego...
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 200 BsF Notes

Hi. I have been living here for years and have never seen a 200BFs note. I believe they were originally proposed when the currency was converted from the old to new bolivars but as yet have not been put into official circulation. I doubt if they are legal currency, so if someone does offer you a 200Bfs note, ask for 2 x 100 for the moment. Could be only a matter of time that they will be printed and put into official circulation as the bolivar weakens against the US dollar (good for travellers changing money).

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 200 BsF Notes

Here is a image of it. Click on it to enlarge.

…blogspot.com/2007/11/el-misterioso-billete-…

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 200 BsF Notes

They are not currently in circulation.

Caracas, Venezuela
Level Contributor
515 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 200 BsF Notes

The BsF 200 note is about the same find as a $3 bill

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 200 BsF Notes

Hey, I just happen to have one of those I can sell you Nelven! :)

Maracay, Venezuela
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 200 BsF Notes

That's funny.

7. Re: 200 BsF Notes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2012, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island