We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The weather forecast

Toronto
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
The weather forecast

Anyone checking the Weather Network worried about the rain forecast next week in MI? Isolated or scattered showers:(. Anyone know if that is normal and it just means a bit of rain and then it will be sunny again? I wasn't planning on bringing an umbrella ;( Should I?

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,157 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The weather forecast

Ha, Ha.

Rain. Don't we wish.

Margarita is a desert climate & especially in months like February you will not see much rain. If it does rain it won't last more than 15 minutes.

Take it from a ex Torontonian who has been here over 20 years - you will get more sun than you can handle here.

Don't pay any attention to the Internet weather forecasts - they are not accurate.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: The weather forecast

LOL. Rain. That's a good one! Funny you should mention the Weather Network, First Timer! I'm watching it right now as a matter of fact. Not about the rain on the mainland in Caracas, but the pummelling snow storm set to blast Ontario by Thursday. I'd prefer dancing in the warm tropical rain to back breaking snow shovelling any day of the week. If it rains at all from my experiences, you might get a mini sprinkle at night while you're long asleep.

port bruce
Level Contributor
49 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The weather forecast

Thanks for the update. The rain casts seemed a little disappointing , but I don't remember any rain last time we were there . Looking forward to MI

Toronto
Level Contributor
79 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The weather forecast

I always bring a poncho and umbrella from the dollar store whereever i go. I can then leave it for the maid on the last day for a tip.

I haven't been to Margarita but i am going for three weeks Feb 8th. all the best

Toronto
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The weather forecast

Thanks ;) I am smiling again and can't wait.......3 more sleeps!!!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
122 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The weather forecast

I also have been watching the weather forcasts and was getting a bit concerned, but it's Venezuela, how much rain can fall on such a hot beautiful island right? However, living in Northern Ontario with all the cold weather and snow we have received this winter, anything is better. I'm not bringing an umbrella, that's for sure, I'm bringing lots of sunscreen and my big drinking mug! See you all there on the 1st ... can't wait !!! :)

Toronto
Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The weather forecast

True enough! I grew up in Northern Ontario, I guess I forget what it's like living there.. been down this way for so long :)

London, Canada
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: The weather forecast

We just got back yesterday. It rained everyday for less than 5 min mostly overnight or in the evening. Hardly worth a rain coat or umbrella. The heat and wind dry everything very quickly less than 5 min. What I would recommend is a light longsleeved shirt for the breezy evenings our shows were outdoors at about 9:30 and I found it a little cool just sitting there. Bring sunscreen and lots of it don't underestimate the suns power.

Have a Great time

9. Re: The weather forecast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2012, 15:16
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island
Recent Conversations