We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help needed! married on margarita island

11 posts
Save Topic
help needed! married on margarita island

I got married on margarita island and I have heard that some marriages abroad are not recognised in united kingdom? Is our marriage legal in uk? We filled out all the nessasary paperwork!

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,230 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help needed! married on margarita island

Why not ask your lawyer to check it out or contact the Venezuelan Embassy in the UK to review your papers.

11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: help needed! married on margarita island

I have spoke to someone from the Embassy and they haven't been much help! I just assumed that marriage was marriage !! First choice haven't been much help either, I have looked on here and seen that its quite a popular place to marry, just wanted someone to say yeah its recognised as a marriage ! Thanks for your help

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,230 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help needed! married on margarita island

If your documents are in order then the marriage is valid.

Caracas, Venezuela
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: help needed! married on margarita island

I thought your query was solved on your previous posting in February?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g316061-i2025-k424…

Caracas, Venezuela
Level Contributor
474 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: help needed! married on margarita island

It is very rare that a marriage is not recognised in the UK if all the local paperwork was handled correctly. Who did you arrange the wedding through? If it was First Choice, then I am sure it is all in order.

It is usually only in countries that allow men to have more than one wife, where the law is stricter regarding legality in the UK, eg certain Middle Eastern countries.

Edited: 08 March 2011, 23:43
6. Re: help needed! married on margarita island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island
Recent Conversations