We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diverland

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
449 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Diverland

Is the amusement park in operation or is the site solely used for swimming with dolphins? Can you purchase swimming with dolphins tickets at the door and what is the cost?

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,157 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diverland

Their website isn't working so it may be that they are not functioning.

The dolphins are still working - you can see more info here:

www.islamargarita.com/magic-tours-english.htm

As far as I'm aware they don't accept walk-ins, only pre-arranged groups.

To me the price for 20 minutes (almost $100 per person) is ridiculous & I feel for the captive dolphins.

But that's just me.

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diverland

According to a sign I saw while ndriving by today Diverland is opening weekends 6 pm to 11:30 pm.

Juan Griego...
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Diverland

Hi. I have various hotel guests who have goone to Diverland to see the dolphins and they have been generally agreement that the whole experience is a bit disappointing and over-priced. But as I have never been myself, I can't say from first hand experience. Personally I prefer to go scuba diving and snorkelling off Los Frailes, where sometimes, if you are really lucky, schools of wild dolphins will come and check you out. Better all round, in my opinion.

El Yaque, Venezuela
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Diverland

If Dolphins had a union they would boycott Diverland. The Las Frailes dive or snorkel trip( your choice) is a better choice-much

Carrollton, Texas
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Diverland

Diverland is the ride attractions, they open at 6:00 p m, the dolphins is Waterland and they open in the day, but the cost is BSF.720.00 per person, they dont receive dollars but there is always someone who is willing to exchange for you, snorkling is cool but rare you get close to a dolphin. Plus lets not start the captivity wagon rolling, please, we are all entitled to our opinions so dont sell me yours, bye now. have fun on vacation !!!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
449 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Diverland

Yes the experience is short (30 minutes) and a bit expensive but my grand-children (8-9) really liked the chance to swim with and touch the dolphins. I doubt the snorkel trip would have been a better choce for them. As for the dolphins yes they are captive but not going will not change anything in their situation.

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,157 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Diverland

I don't know - not giving money to these people would force them to release the dolphins & not capture new ones.

I have a feeling that they are hurting because of the drop in International tourism. That would explain the outrageous prices they are now charging. Not many Venezuelans would pay that price.

Those that would are only here about 8 weeks a year.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
725 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Diverland

Watch the documentary "The Cove". Its a bit of an eye opener with regards to captive dolphins.

9. Re: Diverland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 07:42
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island
Recent Conversations