We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time trip to the dunes

hertfordshire...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
first time trip to the dunes

we are going to the dunes on 13th april. we were thinking of going to angel falls, but will there be any water falling at this time of year? also we are confused about what money to take. some say usd, others say bolivars. if we take some bolivars to be going on with, and the rest in usd and usd travellers cheques where can we change it up? do they do it in the hotel or would we have to get a taxi into town? and one last question---can i sunbathe topless?

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time trip to the dunes

I dont know about the Angel Falls trip but as to the money. We took just US Dollars. We couldnt get Bolivas where we lived. We stayed at LagunaMar and had no problem changing Dollars. We paid in the shops, on resort and in Sambil with dollars and they give you change back in Bolivars. Also taxi drivers will change them I dont know about the travellers cheques. Our hotel didnt change them, which meant a trip into Sambil to the banks, where you had a very very long wait. Do not take the American Express Travel Card you cant use it. No matter what First Choice over here say. On our resort you could sunbath topless I cant answer about Dunes , but be careful the sun is VERY HOT , lol.

Have a good trip

Ubu
Barrie Ontario...
Level Contributor
130 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time trip to the dunes

Angels Falls is something to see even if there is no water but there is always some water falling. The surrounding area is unbelievable. Take a cheap taxi to Playa El Agua by the beach there are a few tour operaters that will give you the best exchange rate for USD. 2400 to 1 and they will give you the best deals for excursions.

Nova Scotia,Canada
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: first time trip to the dunes

I went on the 2 day orinoco-canaima trip and the water flowage was about 25% over the falls, but you could still clearly see that it was quite a site to behold. I thought the tabletop mountains were just as impressive as they shoot straight up from the surrounding jungle. Definately worth it for me for 2 days, but keep in mind the 1 day trip is 4 hours flying and 5 hours there.

Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island
Recent Conversations