We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

At the Dunes Now!

Hampton, New...
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
At the Dunes Now!

Got here on her Feb 6th so far everything is great! Any questions you want answered while I am here, I would be happy to answer or find out.

Couva, Trinidad
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: At the Dunes Now!

Hi,

Is it clean?

How's the food?

Is there any beach activities?

Jenn

Hampton, New...
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: At the Dunes Now!

Yes the maid keeps my room very clean. The resort as a whole is tidy, not many insects.

The food is good but not allot of variety. Always fresh pasta and fresh fruit usually chicken, fish and pork of some sort. the beach place has great burgers and fries.

If you get tired of the food go to Jaun Grego cheap cab ride and excelent meals for under $20.

Havent noticed many beach activities but haven been laying on the beach allot yet.

Newcastle, Ont.
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: At the Dunes Now!

Have you found the best place to exchange money yet,

Also, is there a place at the resort for Jeep rentals?

Is there any nightly shows or activity.

Newcastle, Ont.
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: At the Dunes Now!

Have you found the best place to exchange cash,

Is there a place there for Jeep rentals,

Is there any nightly activities/ shows?

Hampton, New...
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: At the Dunes Now!

There is a car rental place on the resort but Taxis are very cheap and they drive crazy here so been taking a cab everywhere. You can book Jeep tours right here it is cheaper from the guy in the office by the front desk than from the Nolitour people and the guy on the beach. $29 for an all day jeep tour VS $45 from the Tour rep.

Will inbox you on the money.

Sturgeon Falls...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: At the Dunes Now!

Were going there on the 6th of MARCH, for 14 days, what the temperature over there?

Hampton, New...
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: At the Dunes Now!

Very hot every day ! rains a little at night was 41 today with humidex

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,184 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: At the Dunes Now!

Bear,

I don't know how you figured out it was 41ºC with "HUMIDEX" however here in Playa El Agua the high yesterday was 28ºC with humidity around 60%.

This is a very comfortable time of year on Margarita.

The only time it gets up to 30ºC is in September or early October.

Leeds Cty ON
Level Contributor
30 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: At the Dunes Now!

I hear things are pretty laid back there. Do you need pants and shoes for evening dining? Read a post earlier that said you didn't. Guys thought is was great but we wouldn't want more room in the suitcase and not get dinner at one of the restaurants.

Hampton, New...
Level Contributor
43 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: At the Dunes Now!

Very laid back! you just need long pants and a colared shirt for the Italian supper but sandles were acceptable, you only get to go there once a week so I wouldnt worry about it. there is no dress code for the regular buffet.

Playa ElAgua: just repeating what I was told and it sure felt every bit of 41c here at the Dunes! yesterday was an awesome beach day here!

Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island