We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All-inclusive resorts or not??

atlanta, georgia
4 posts
Save Topic
All-inclusive resorts or not??

I'm traveling with some friends to Margarita in June and are still debating on whether staying at an all inclusive resort or just getting accomodation only. We're all in our 20's and plan to be out and about quite a bit...Any recommendations on what to do/where to stay in those circumstances?

ubu
Barrie Ontario...
Level Contributor
130 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All-inclusive resorts or not??

All inclusive or not???? it is so nice when all your meals are free even if you are not there all the time, being in your twenties I am sure you all drink alcohol ,think about it all you can drink for free no brainer. My choice of a resort is Hesperia Playa El Agua, great food, nice bar by the pool, friendly people and within walking distance of some great bars...have fun!!

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: All-inclusive resorts or not??

Id say yes, Im staying at Hisperia Margarita June 29, all inclusive but 5 star, great food/drinks....so yes, Id recommend.... when r u going?

Knockentiber...
Level Contributor
648 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: All-inclusive resorts or not??

Although listed as 5* the Hesperia is not like a US 5*, more like a decent 4.

atlanta, georgia
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: All-inclusive resorts or not??

Thanks for the advice. We're going to be there the week of June 18th. Does anybody have suggestions on how to fund the trip? We're flying into Caracas and spending the night there. Is it better to bring just enough Cash to get by and use atm/credit cards, or should we bring plenty of cash in order to take better advantage of the exchange rate?

Thanks.

Knockentiber...
Level Contributor
648 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: All-inclusive resorts or not??

Take USD cash and I would not use credit cards as there are a lot of horror stories on here regarding unauthorised use.

n.ireland
Level Contributor
92 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All-inclusive resorts or not??

Glad to hear good feedback about the Hesperia Playa El Agua. We're going (AI) in Sept. It's our first visit to Margarita. Had read some bad reports about the hotel and was a little worried. I guess everyone has different views on things. We thought if we didn't like the food etc we could at least walk to somewhere else.

London, United...
Level Contributor
337 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All-inclusive resorts or not??

Just a quick one - we had loads of probs getting cash out whilst actually in margarita. We couldnt get enough out as they dont seem to have a lot of cash in each one and had to go to 4 cash points to get enough cash out!! Luckily, our taxi driver was very patient!

Also, lots of visibly armed police hanging around the cash points.

8. Re: All-inclusive resorts or not??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island