We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel safety

Edmonton, Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Travel safety

Hi we are going to be in margarita on the 26 of march and I was wondering about the safety on the island, now that the president has passed away, is there any degree of caution?

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,157 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel safety

Margarita is very quiet these days.

I was out & about this morning & everything is normal.

A few businesses were closed due to the national mourning but most were open including banks & grocery stores.

By Easter Weeek (Semana Santa) when you are coming everything will be 100% normal.

If you are coming via Caracas make sure you have your national flights booked or you may not find any available.

Edmonton, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel safety

We are flying direct to margarita via Montreal! What about money, I was told to bring cash in large amounts (50 and 100)?

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,169 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel safety

Correct cash $ is king!!!

Edmonton, Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel safety

Thanks for your advice, I'm sure we will have a great trip! Can't wait!

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,157 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel safety

Make sure it's US$ cash, not CDN$.

6. Re: Travel safety

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 March 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island
Recent Conversations