We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

margarita or cuba - which is better????

england
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
margarita or cuba - which is better????

we went to cuba last september and absolutely loved it!! we stayed at the iberostar Daiquiri which was fantastic. we are going to Margarita this september and are staying at the LAguna Mar. we were just wondering if anyone had visited cuba and margarita to see how they measure up to each other, as obviously we dont want to be dissapointed!!!

ubu
Barrie Ontario...
Level Contributor
130 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: margarita or cuba - which is better????

I have been to both country's in the last few years and have found both country's very safe, they both have different cultures and life styles. Margarita is much hotter and more predictable weather. Cuba has a lot more beaches but MI has a few good ones. (Playa el Agua). Prices in MI are very cheap. Angel Falls tour is a must but don't let the price scare you it is worth every penny. Porlamar is no Havana but it has more variety and is very safe ( no beggars) and a very large flea market. Cabs are the cheapest way to get around and I mean cheap.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
159 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: margarita or cuba - which is better????

I have been to both too. I stayed in Varadero Cubo back in 1996 and enjoyed it very much.

This year we went to Laguna Mar and it was superb also. Resort is really nice and tes entertainment staff are excellent.

I did some trip in cuba ( pina del rio, havana, caves etc ) but unfortunately didn't do any in margarita as we have a 3 and 4 year old now..

I certainly don't think you will be dissappointed at all.

Wittering UK
Level Contributor
222 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: margarita or cuba - which is better????

We are looking at Margarita for next year - Dunes Hotel - we also have done last year and are going again in Oct.

Friends have done both and say they would not go back to margarita again - so now we are in two minds what to do.

4. Re: margarita or cuba - which is better????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 09:20
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island
Recent Conversations