We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

questions about the Island?

New York
Level Contributor
257 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
questions about the Island?

We are planning on going to Margarita Island next year and have a few questions.Can anyone suggest a good all inclusive resort? Do most places accept US money?What do the resorts have for beer ? We dont know much about the Island yet but is seems like a good place to vacation. Thanks Pat

michigan
Level Contributor
450 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: questions about the Island?

I have visited twice. I have visited the caribbean for the past 16 years and stayed small hotels with a European Plan to large all-inclusive resorts. Standards are lower in Margarita and you will not find a true five star. You will probably see a few ants in your room, but it will be clean. The workers are usually friendly and helpful. Food will very, but you will usually find enough to satisfy you. I like to try different restaurants and don't stay at the hotel to just get the inclusive. Margarita has many nice restaurants. I'm looking forward to going back to El Pacifico on Playa El Augua.

I have stayed at the Belle Vista and Pueblo Caribe; this year will stay at the Palm Beach, which is just off Playa El Agua, one of the better, if not best beach. The Belle Vista is in Polamar on a crappy beach, so I would not stay there again. Pueblo Caribe is across the street from a smaller beach, and it was also nice.

You will do best with US dollars. Don't change at the bank, as you will get the "official" rate. Wherever you stay will be able to direct you to somewhere to change, and you will get substantially more (approx 2800 bs instead of approx 2150 bs). Shop owners will also tend to give you a larger exchange. You should find the island quite inexpensive.

Caracas
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: questions about the Island?

Dear Dixie,

A good all-inclusive Hotel on the most beautifull beach is the Hesperia Playa el Agua.

The best thing that you could do regarding exchanging currency is just ask an employee of the hotel if he has a contact. This will give you more for you dollar then the official exchange rate.

The beer in Venezuela is nice beer that should be drank real cold.

Depending on the hotel the usually offer Brahma, Polar or Regional which comes in different strengths (light, Ice etc.)

The bars on the boulavard of Playa el Agua often have a few different beers to offer from Solera (very nice) too Heineken. A beer wil cost you about 50 till 60 dollar cents.

Premium beer up till 80 cents.

Hope this helps!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
725 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: questions about the Island?

If you are looking for an good economy hotel then I recommend Flamenco Villas or Palm Beach Hotel. If money isn't a concern then I recommend the bungalows at Hesperia Playa El Agua. For a large property with numerous pools, restaurants, a disco and a decent beach then I recommend Lagunamar. Flamenco, Palm Beach and Hesperia Playa El Agua are all located in the Playa El Agua area. Lagunamar is located close to Pampatar & Porlamar. The resort itself has much to offer but it is in a secluded area so don't expect anything of interest within walking distance of the resort.

4. Re: questions about the Island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 11:18
Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island
Recent Conversations