We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Direct flights from Montreal or Toronto

Which Porlamar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Salt Spring Island...
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Direct flights from Montreal or Toronto

Looking into travelling out in Feb 2011. Any ideas? Yup, I know I'm early, but am doing research on a few different places. As you can see, we're in BC, but do a trip out to Quebec/Ontario first to visit family, so it's a wee bit complicated trying to match all the different legs.

Cheers

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Direct flights from Montreal or Toronto

Hi BC

It's always nice to hear from fellow Canadians.

I have family in Sechelt, Bowen Island & Vancouver.

There are direct flights from both Toronto & Montreal from Dec to Apr.

Air Transat is the carrier and there are a couple of tour operators that sell "all inclusive" packages at area hotels.

You can also get "air only" seats & stay at one of the many B&B's or smaller hotels here on the Island & avoid the "all inclusive" crowd.

One bit of advice is that February is one of the busiest months & our B&B is always booked full well in advance so make your plans early no matter where you decide to stay.

If you need any further info just post it here.

Salt Spring Island...
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Direct flights from Montreal or Toronto

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Fingers are flying on the keyboard,...and calculator. Will certainly contact you again once a few decisions have been made.

Cheers from BC

oshawa
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Direct flights from Montreal or Toronto

Also looking at going in Jan fron Toronto, have found Nolitours. They use Can Jet.

Canada
Level Contributor
353 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Direct flights from Montreal or Toronto

Canjet... interesting? Missed last year to MI but we flew Air Transit from Toronto. Montreal was also Air Transit arrived less than one hour after us and created a log jam at immigration and customs to and from....! Poor planning on both planes arriving too close together.

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Direct flights from Montreal or Toronto

Or...just normal Margarita inefficiency :-)

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Direct flights from Montreal or Toronto

I wish Air Transat was flying from Toronto this year. Last year we flew canjet and it was no picinic....cramped and inexperienced flight staff.

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Direct flights from Montreal or Toronto

Susie, it's 1 year later.

Maybe they have improved.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Direct flights from Montreal or Toronto

Let's hope so, it's the most convenient way to get to paradise....

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Direct flights from Montreal or Toronto

Pearson International Airport in Toronto SUCKS! $367.00 airport fee for a $399.00 round trip air only ticket. Is Premier McGuinty on CRACK? The gouging of tourists really ticks me off. It's like it's ok to gouge tourists and nobody minds because they assume they can afford it. What an abuse. Ontario is crap. I would fly out of Buffalo if only the US wasn't CRAPPIER. They don't even have flights to MI out of Buffalo so I guess I should just take it in the rear and be glad. Avoid Toronto airports at all options. It's the most expensive airport in THE WORLD and there's no reason for it other than greed.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
725 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Direct flights from Montreal or Toronto

Porlamar airport can barely handle one jumbo jet full of people. I've been through there a number of times where multiple flights were arriving or departing within a very short span of time. Arriving is the worst especially if you find yourself at the tail end of the arriving tourists. With departures you can time your entry into the chaos.

Caracas airport on the other hand was absolutely a breeze when I travelled through there last year. Within 25 minutes of exiting the plane I was through customs and had claimed my luggage. Flying Air Canada was very nice compaired to Air Transat but required a connecting flight to MI.

Get answers to your questions about Porlamar
Recent Conversations