We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitos

Which Porlamar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Topic
Mosquitos

Have the heavy rains created a mroe than usual mosquito situation?

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,166 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquitos

Where we are on the island, yes, we have noticed more mosquitos than the normal-altho they do seem to be less in the last few days of dry weather.

The heavy, daily rains have ceased and now its only an occasional nightime shower, which is the norm for this time of year.

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquitos

Mosquitoes are most active at sunrise & sunset.

If you are going to be on the beach or outside after 5 PM & are prone to mosquito bites then put on some repellent especially around your ankles & arms.Usually by 7 or 7.30 they quiet down. Here in Playa El Agua we have not noticed a problem.

I'm one of the lucky ones that are mostly unaffected by them however my wife would attract a mosquito if it was a kilometer away

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
725 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosquitos

Mosquitos have never been a big problem for me during my visits but while at Lagunamar Resort I was constantly being attacked by little flies that appeared to be distant relatives of our canadian black flies. They were persistent and their painful little bites were very annoying. Also they came out at night and avoided lit areas. The bartenders indicated those little buggers were active due to recent rains.

4. Re: Mosquitos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Porlamar
Recent Conversations