We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How Do You Say INSANE in Spanish?

Which Porlamar hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Topic
How Do You Say INSANE in Spanish?

Wow. Already one week in the books and flew by so fast I don´t know what hit me. Everything is going so smoothly here that I am utterly amazed at how much so. Knock on wood. The weather is great but for the first few days it was very dry. Now, it´s starting to get alittle humid, but when it´s not, it is so comfortable walking around. I´m having a great time and I haven´t even begun to venture out anywhere. I hear beers at Playa El Agua are 10 bs now. PEA you said they were 5, I think. At any rate, am most definately NOT paying 10 bs for a warm beer, I don´t care where it is. So, El Agua will have to wait until somebody tells me they droppped the beer prices back down to 5. I hope Leslie Mandel had a pleasant flight as she arrived yesterday for Laguna Mar. I´m sure she´s feeling pretty good about her decision to escape the cold right about now. Anybody who is arriving here shortly, just relax and don´t stress about nothing. This place is a playground for adults and relaxation is the order of the day.

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How Do You Say INSANE in Spanish?

Ha, ha. Well you got me. I NEVER buy beer in a restaurant in Playa El Agua. Heavens - $1.30 per beer at a restaurant. LOL! That was all hearsay.

No, what we locals do is buy a case of 36 returnable bottles of Polar Light for BsF.59 + a large bag of ice for BsF.16 from Bodegon Johny & load up our cooler. They sell foam coolers everywhere.

Total investment once you have a case of empties & a cooler is US$10 for 36 ice cold beers :-) That's US$0.28 per beer.

Usually the ice will hold up for the inevitable 2nd case which lowers the overall cost to US$0.25 per beer for 72 beers.

If you skip the ice all together, as the beer from Bodegon Johny is ice cold, the cost is just US$0.22 each if you can drink the 32 beers before they get warm. Ha, ha.

Do the math & enjoy!!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How Do You Say INSANE in Spanish?

Point taken! Not that I can´t afford 10 bs a beer but it´s the principal of the thing. I did come equipped with a cooler bag, though, just in case. lol

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How Do You Say INSANE in Spanish?

that's the cheapest way to a fat gut and no women that i know of!!!

B.C.
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How Do You Say INSANE in Spanish?

C'mon now Mc Donalds is cheaper and beautiful young women just love Budweiser drinkers. I've seen it on T. V. so it must be true.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: How Do You Say INSANE in Spanish?

well,you've got me there!!...i certainly can't argue with that!!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How Do You Say INSANE in Spanish?

How does a guy consume 600 drinks in a month (beer, rum, whatever) and LOSE weight? Do it in Margarita. I came home 1 lbs lighter!

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How Do You Say INSANE in Spanish?

It's the heat

You sweat it out as you drink it. :-)

B.C.
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How Do You Say INSANE in Spanish?

It was that cigarette case you gave to your policeman friend and the lighter you donated at the airport. And of course a whole ton of southern Ontario winter blues you must of shed.

"waiting for Gaddafi's return "

9. Re: How Do You Say INSANE in Spanish?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2012, 06:28
Get answers to your questions about Porlamar
Recent Conversations