We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

caracas airport

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
682 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
caracas airport

I am looking to go to margarita island

I seem to remember reading that barcelona was a better stop over option

the caracas

as someone eluded to the fact that the carcas airport was kind of sketchy

my layover is only an hour would it make much of a difference

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,199 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: caracas airport

Don't worry about the Caracas airport. You will have no problems.

I assume you are arriving from a US flight & then getting a national flight to Margarita.

If that is the case you will have to walk from the International terminal to the national one.

If you take the Avior flight from Miami to Barcelona then you will have to pass through customs & immigration in Barcelona & then recheck in for the flight to Margarita.

We did this flight in June & it's quite easy.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
682 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: caracas airport

if I fly into Caracas from Aruba would that cause me problems ?

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: caracas airport

Your flight from Aruba to Margarita will be through either Caracas or Valencia.

If you arrive via Caracas the transfer from the international terminal to the national terminal is quite easy and straightforward:

Upon arrival in CCS you will pass from the plane into a large hall for immigration at which point you will see signs for the lines which you must take to get your passport stamped-make sure you have the immigration card issued to you on the airplane filled out (the customs form also) after clearing the passport check you will pass into another hall which is baggage claim. Take your bag and then you will go through customs check where your bag will be x-rayed-give the agents your customs declaration card, DO NOT proceed straight out into the terminal itself but immediately look to your left for the sign that will lead you to the enclosed, secure walkway to the national terminal. If you are using one of the free baggage carts you can take it only as far as the exit into the domestic terminal where you will be obliged to leave it-proceed out into the domestic terminal and look for your airline check in counter.

pennsylvania
Level Contributor
682 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: caracas airport

thank you

5. Re: caracas airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2013, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Porlamar
Recent Conversations