We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go in Venezuela

Which Caracas hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, California
Level Contributor
9 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go in Venezuela

I am looking at flying in to Caracas in June and staying for 10 days an suggestions of what to do and where to go . i am very ignorant does the amazon go through Venezuela as i am interested on an Amazon cruise thanks

La Colonia Tovar...
Level Contributor
14 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go in Venezuela

Hello, how about colonia tovar and some paragliding? just an hour drive up from airport beautiful little quaint town up in the mountains and from there you can drive down to the beach for a day or two.

Juan Griego...
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go in Venezuela

Venezuela: Bit of advice - get out of Caracas as quick as you can. IColonia Tovar is a nice day visit, although it is a bit expensive to stay overnigght. In 10 days I would suggest you choose a couple from the following options: Orinoco Delta (rivers, jungles,indigenous communities), Margarita island (Caribbean beaches) Los Llanos (wild animals) Merida (los Andes mountains) Sabana Grande (Roraima table mountains). have fun.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
104 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go in Venezuela

I suggest you buy the lonely planet guide, which has very good summaries and suggestions. I believe the guide also include suggested 7 and 14 day itineraries.

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
2,048 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go in Venezuela

10 days is good to go to Morrocoy and after that Merida and los llanos! in that way you will have Beach, Andes and Amazone!

Istanbul, Istanbul...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go in Venezuela

Hi we are a Tour Operator in Istanbul , if anyone needs booking/hotel/package for Caracas-Purto Ordaz -2 Night Canaima /Angel Falls

Please contact us;we can help you to issue All doemstic tickets/Hotels/Guidance before you go at safe and very secure way.

if you apply us 1 Mounth before; we can even help you to issue international flights tickets from any point of Europe to caracas ,(Maybe a bit lower rate then you may have there in your town )

Just lets us know.

We are A Group Travel Agency, licensed and Very actively working to Venezuela- Colombia-Ecvador- Galapagos Islands.

Check google.tr / Official name of Company: Ejder Turizm

Welcome all friends..You need to handle all your bookings before to arrive South America..its Not a place you make those things there after arrival.

The system is bit different then everywhere.

Cheers!! Have a good Journey

Liverpool, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go in Venezuela

i lived in venezuela for 3 years i say if u can dont go i had a gun put to my head i dont know how many times thats why i left and wnt back to my own country

Edited: 30 April 2013, 11:43
Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to go in Venezuela

''if u can dont go''

'' i had a gun put to my head i dont know how many times''

Does that mean it was like a daily occurnce? (the gun to head thing)

I think I would remember, if I had a gun put to my head, excatly how many times it occured.

I have lived in Venezuela for 25 years and have yet to have a gun put to my head or any other part of my body for what that is worth.

libexi must have been living in a really nice part of town!!

Liverpool, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to go in Venezuela

Cuidad bolivar was a hell whole Margarita aint so bad places like el tigre and santa elena are just aweful thats the real venezuela, people saying go here there like maracay or merida its just fake for tourists they dont see what life is like for people in venezuela

9. Re: Where to go in Venezuela

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2014, 07:19