We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waku Lodge - be careful!

Caracas, Venezuela
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Waku Lodge - be careful!

Waku Lodge is one of the lodges in Canaima National Park where Angel fall is. The place is beautiful, clean and with a good food, but don't trust them for the prices. Too expensive and they will lie and cheat to get out more of your money, especially playing words game. So if you don't care about money this is a great place to go when you visiting Angel falls, but if you do - just be careful!!

Salto el sapo
Points of Interest & Landmarks
La Gran Sabana
Forests, Geologic Formations, Nature & Wildlife Areas
toronto
Level Contributor
8 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waku Lodge - be careful!

Hello, I am coming to Canaima in November. I was told to reserve far in advance or things will sell out. Is Waku the only nice place to stay or would you recommend another location? Does it sell out? Sorry for all these questions but I have no clue what price is appropriate for hotels/tours....so any recommendations (and if you remember what you paid, that would be extremely helpful). Much appreciated.

Caracas, Venezuela
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Waku Lodge - be careful!

We book our trip just few days before we went. We were going from Caracas. The all package was 6300 Bs or around 800$ for one person for two nights in a hotel, little excursion around hotel and trip to Angel falls. It is unique experience but if you asking me too expensive. They have other hotels too and I don't know their prices. One of them looked very nice from outside. Be prepare for lot of walking, climbing, rafting... Hope this help.

Latvia
Level Contributor
25 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waku Lodge - be careful!

It sounds really expensive. We have booked whole tour for 14 nights in November including Cainama, Orinoco, LosRoques and Margarita for 1600 $ per person from Osprey tours. Most probably our lodge in Cainama won't be that nice as Waku, but we better afford more excursions rather than spending money for accomodation.

Juan Griego...
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Waku Lodge - be careful!

Hi . I have a posada in Juan Griego, Margarita: I send my guests to do their Angel Falls, Roraima and Delta Orinoco trips through a German guy called Tino Blum and his company Hike Venezuela (www.hike-venezuela.com) Get in touch with him through his website. I´m sure he can get you a good deal. Michael - Hotel Patrick

Caracas, Venezuela
Level Contributor
515 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waku Lodge - be careful!

You guys paid WAY TOO MUCH for the Canaima-Angel Falls tour. I get it, all inclusive, for $400 from the local operators in Canaima, that have standard accommodation (private room and bath with A/C). They include all the food, the boat rides, the guides, the plane trips, everything. Check well before you buy.

6. Re: Waku Lodge - be careful!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 October 2011, 13:35
Caracas, Venezuela
Level Contributor
515 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Waku Lodge - be careful!

Manfred ...welcome to Trip Advisor but.... sorry.... you can't advertise here directly like you do. You can be a TRIP ADVISOR and ADVISE people on what to do, what the prices are of things that are not yours (like I'm telling them that I get the tours for $400 from the operators in Canaima) .... but you can't advertise or promote your own stuff. It's against the rules because obviously it makes you biased in favor of your business, be it the best option or not.

Ciudad Guayana...
Level Contributor
40 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Waku Lodge - be careful!

Ok no problem, I just was explained them that theres another packages cheaper than $800 and others camps

Caracas, Venezuela
Level Contributor
515 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Waku Lodge - be careful!

Yeah, that was good ... but it's the "Visit mi page at www.facebook.com/toursvenezuela - @toursvenezuela" that's against site policy.

All is good!

10. Re: Waku Lodge - be careful!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2013, 10:16