We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hello flying into margarita how do I locate and book a ferry

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hello flying into margarita how do I locate and book a ferry

Greetings, I am flying into margarita dec 19/12. I would like to know how to book, or locate a ferry counter to get to puerto la Cruz within the same day if possible. And also if anyone has any idea of what the night life is like in puerto la Cruz we are a young couple in our mid '20's, is it safe to go out at night?

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hello flying into margarita how do I locate and book a ferry

If you are arriving to Maiquetia (Caracas international airport) you would be way better off to simply catch one of the many daily flights (45 minutes) over to the island. At this time there is no ferry counter in the airport you must go up to Caracas to find an office for Conferry.

Puerto la Cruz is a good 6 hours from Caracas by bus and that is after you navigate your way up to the city and the bus terminal (+/- 2 hours) (Terminal del Oriente)

By the time you do the trip to PLC and the ferry ride you will most likely have blown an entire day if not more. And the cost of the taxi, bus and a hotel room in PLC will be more than two flight tickets.

In any case here are the web sites of the major ferry companies:

www.conferry.com

www.navibus.com

www.grancacique.com

Here is a list of the airline companies and web sites, tel #s ect.

Conviasa Airlines: www.conviasa.aero

Aeropostal Airlines: www.aeropostal.com

Laser Airlines: www.laser.com.ve

Ascerca Airlines: www.asercaairlines.com

Venezolana Airlines: www.ravsa.com.ve/

Avior Airlines: www.aviorairlines.com Miami telephone: 305-470-2203

Now, about flying, you really should get your tickets in advance as the CCS-PMV route is normally VERY busy at this time of year.

Here is a travel agency that sells tickets to the island :

www.islamargarita.com/magic-tours-english.htm

You should be able to secure your tickets from them from outside of Venezuela.

Also if you plan on being on the island over the Christmas holidays it is in your best interest to book your lodgings NOW.

Christmas and New Year is the busiest time of year on Margarita next to Easter week.

Good luck.

If you need any further help just send me a private message.

Isla de Margarita
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hello flying into margarita how do I locate and book a ferry

Aadrisa_eva

I notice you are in Toronto. Why not just fly direct from Toronto to Margarita?

If I am not mistaken Airtransat has bi-weekly frights to the island starting in the middle of December.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
318 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hello flying into margarita how do I locate and book a ferry

I've taken the coach/ferry route before and it's a real faff. And Puerto la Cruz has little to draw one there after such a long trip.

I've given up going to Margarita at the Chrismas holidays because it's just so rammed. As great as it is, it's a major pain to get restaurant reservations at ha time of the year.

islamanare
Level Contributor
9 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hello flying into margarita how do I locate and book a ferry

This is true about the restaurants reservations. I highly advise to look the restaurants up on the internet and make reservations over the phone. They will honor your reservation.

5. Re: Hello flying into margarita how do I locate and book a ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2014, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about Puerto La Cruz