We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

List of Camps

midwest
Level Contributor
125 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
List of Camps

Is there a good resource that shows all the lodges/camps in Moremi, preferably on a map and details who the operator is?

thanks

London
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
21. Re: List of Camps

Hi Craig – The map that Peter referred to, above, is 100% accurate as far as I know. The points, for camps and other locations, were noted on GPSs receivers by myself and Expert Africa’s team members when we visited the camps on research trips. They were then transferred to the map.

So please, if anyone finds any errors – I’d warmly welcome you to me know as I’ll want to investigate and, if necessary, correct them immediately; you know our passion for accuracy in the website!

Camp Moremi, Xakanaxa and Xigera are all shown although – as you know – these particular camp are all very close together on the edge of the Mopane Tongue, so you will have to zoom in significantly to distinguish them. These maps should include all the Wilderness camps, all Desert & Delta’s, all Kwando’s, all Ker & Downey’s, all of &Beyond’s permanent camps, all of African Bush Camp’s camps – and as many really good independents as we can find and visit in the area!

There are a handful of camps missing – as the map only reflects that camps that Expert Africa has seen and is happy to sell; there are a few camps which don’t fall into that category.

If you want a cartographically-drawn map of the Okavango, and the same camps, then click on the “Reference Map” tab above the Google map; that is an easier to grasp map of the same area. (We haven’t yet updated this 2013 map to our 2014 version – that should happen by the end of January … although the only differences will be a few additional camps!)

I’d warmly welcome any corrections or comments on the map – I’d like to try to keep it as as one of the most accurate maps on the web of the camps in the Okavango Delta! ☺

Chris McIntyre -

Author: Bradt guidebooks to Botswana, Namibia, Zambia & Zanzibar

MD: Expert Africa & Wild about Africa

(Offices in London & New Zealand)

22. Re: List of Camps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2015, 11:15
Get answers to your questions about Moremi Game Reserve
More Moremi Game Reserve Topics