We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mpila camp

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
105 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
mpila camp

Does anybody know if you can buy wood/coals/firelighters for the braai in Mpila camp?

Salt Rock, South...
Level Contributor
248 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mpila camp

Hi, yes, there is a small shop at the camp that sells all the basics.

Cheers

Jack

Howick, South Africa
Level Contributor
781 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mpila camp

Having a somewhat captive market though their prices are a bit steep. Better to buy outside the park somewhere and take it all in with you if you've got room in the car. (Still cheap though with UK/SA exchange rate!)

Moose Jaw, Canada
Level Contributor
192 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mpila camp

We have stayed at this camp twice - I agree with the above but would add - it is not the best equipped shop, and I would be more worried about them having run out. If this happens, you would have nowhere else to go. I think best to take with you as RacingRog suggests if you have the room.

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
105 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mpila camp

Thanks everybody. I will take all I need when I buy the food and drink in Ballito.

Salt Rock, South...
Level Contributor
248 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mpila camp

Your best bet in Ballito is The Food Lovers Market at The Circle next to Lifestyle Centre. You can get all you need there and they have the best wood for your braai.

The total driving time from Ballito is exactly 2 hours to the entrance gate.

Cheers

Jack - Owner

The Saffron House guesthouse

Salt Rock

Liverpool, England
Level Contributor
105 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: mpila camp

Thanks for the tip, Jack.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1,826 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mpila camp

Hello and just to add, you could collect supplies in Mtubatuba. I always stop here and fill the car up with fuel. Plus there is a new supermarket.

Mark - Owner - SafariKZN

8. Re: mpila camp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2016, 13:15