We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging on the Little Red River

Ozark, Arkansas
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging on the Little Red River

My husband and I are looking for a nice cabin or house on the Little Red River this fall....something relaxing and private. We plan on grilling, fishing, and enjoying the views. We also will be bringing our 5-year-old son and 2-year-old daughter along...and possibly another couple with their two children: 8 and 5. Any suggestions?

5 replies to this topic
little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging on the Little Red River

We stay at friends' houses on the Little Red or camp below the dam but I thought I'd mention a few vrbo rentals I have had my eye on for an upcoming visit. The only one of the following I have been in is the last, Stoneflower, and I really do not recommend it for your purposes but though I'd include it because it is a very famous house by Arkansas's greatest architect, Fay Jones, a disciple of Frank Lloyd Wright. It is an unusual property, not for everyone and not on the Little Red but an amazing place near Greer's Ferry. The rest are on the Little Red. My experience on VRBO has been mixed in general. Hope you have better luck than I do fishing. They are either "not generating", "generating too much", "almost generating" or there seems some other excuse for my lousy fishing! I hope these show up as links.

Little Red Tree House on the Little Red River - Heber Springs [#236207]

4BR/2BA (Sleeps 8) $200-$250 nt US Dollars

New Luxurious River Front Getaway Next to Greers Ferry Lake. - Heber Springs [#295635]

4BR/2BA (Sleeps 10-12) From $200/nt - $1500/wk US Dollars

Blue Heron River Retreat - Rustic Luxury on the River. - Heber Springs [#356185]

3BR+/2BA (Sleeps 8) From $200/nt US Dollars

Little Red River Gorgeous, Secluded Cabin - Heber Springs [#189183]

4BR+/3BA (Sleeps 12) $225-$250/nt - $900-$1300/wk US Dollars

Stoneflower Fay Jones Cottage on Eden Isle/Greers Ferry Lake - Heber Springs [#369906]

1BR/1.5BA (Sleeps 2-5) $199.00/nt $1200.00/wk US Dollars

Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging on the Little Red River

We stayed in a beautiful home we found on VRBO. But it is only 3 br 2 bath. http://www.vrbo.com/327919. Very clean, very private very updated. Owners were great. Private floating pier on Little Red River. Nice area for wading/swimming although water is cold. 15 min. outside town of Heber Springs. Call owner Bridgette, I bet she knows other rentals next door. There were several, some not listed. Beautiful bluff right around bend of river you can see on your way to the cabin and lots of deer. We payed 200$/nt. Great experience and caught 3 Rainbow trout in 4 days fishing. Not exactly great fishing.

Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging on the Little Red River

Drove by this today -- Lobo Landing. Cabins look nice and well kept on the outside. The resort is on the river.

http://www.lobolandingresort.com/

Coldwater,Mississipp...
Level Contributor
53 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging on the Little Red River

Hey Good People, I have just booked two nights at Lobo Landing Lodge on the Little Red River in Arkansas for next week. Me ,my best friend and his wife will stay in Cabin 22. I have a fishing quide reserved for Wednesday and a pontoon boat trip on the river for Tuesday afternoon. I will be sending a report as soon as we get back to Good ole Mississippi. If you have stayed there send a report.

Coldwater,Mississipp...
Level Contributor
53 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodging on the Little Red River

Well, I am back home but could have stayed at Lobo Landing Resort, near Heber Springs, for the rest of my life. I am shocked that there are not more post about this wonderful place. Chris Butts, his lovely wife and the rest of their crew bent over backward to make sure that we had everything that we desired. Our cabin was immaculately clear and when I say completely furnished I mean it. I am a world class cook and I found EVERYTHING that I needed in the kitchen. They furnished a fishing quide with a comfortable pontoon boat, (we are old folks and I think that they were afraid that we might turn over a smaller boat)---We caught the limit of Rainbow Trout every trip out. I will post a Review and give a greater description, I can't say enough about our Wonderful experience.

Reply to: Lodging on the Little Red River
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Heber Springs
More Heber Springs Topics