We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jasper, Ark

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
22 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Jasper, Ark

We are planning a trip to Jasper, Ponca area the third week in September to view the elk. Is this a good time for viewing and also we have reservations at the Dogwood Springs RV park. We are kind of concerned about the turn over of ownership with this park. When making reservations we were told the new owner has just been there less than a month. Do you know anything about this rv park? We will be camping in a 35 foot fifth wheel travel trailer Thank you for your info.

DeborahOklahoma

3 replies to this topic
Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,151 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jasper, Ark

I don't know anything about the Dogwood Springs RV park although I go to Jasper about every 6 weeks. Highway 7 is very curvy and there is major road construction going on between Jasper and Harrison. You will need to be careful pulling your fifth wheel on that road.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
22 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jasper, Ark

Thank you so much for responding to my post. We will heed your advise and try to come in a different route if possible.

Deborah

Ward, AR
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jasper, Ark

September/October is best time to see elk. They will be in rut and bugling. Some good information here on history of elk in area and best time and places to see the herds: harrisonarkansas.org/activities/elk-watching…

Reply to: Jasper, Ark
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jasper
Recent Conversations