We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tour salar lagunas

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
55 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
tour salar lagunas

Hi everybody!

Next August i will be in Bolivia with my partner and we are planning our trip around the country.

At the moment i'm trying to understand what is the best option to visit salar and lagunas. We are thinking to rend a jeep with driver in Tupiza and do the 5 days 4 nights tour up to the salar.

What agency do you suggest? we would like a fair compromise between quality of service and price. Any tip or experience to share?

ciao!!! ^_^

Mentioned in this post
Tupiza Tours
Tupiza Tours
552 Reviews
Tupiza, Bolivia
Bolivia
Bolivia
South America
Alexandro Adventure Travel
Cultural Tours, Horseback Riding Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Bike Tours
La Torre Tours
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Natural Adventure - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Turistur Los Salares
Sightseeing Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
1 reply
London
Level Contributor
3,294 posts
284 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tour salar lagunas

We used Tupiza tours and were delighted with the experience. We took the 4 day, 3 night tour which was their most popular and was just the right length. It is possible to arrange a shared tour with other travellers but we decided to pay the extra and take a private tour and were glad we did.

Some photos and details of our trip last year are on our blog starting at entry 30

…travelpod.com/travel-blog/…tpod.html

TIPS - take good sunglasses and layer clothes. We found merino thermal underwear to be invaluable as it does get extremely cold at night, even in the rooms which do not have heating ( I.e. Minus 15-20C)

Mentioned in this post
Tupiza Tours
Tupiza Tours
552 Reviews
Tupiza, Bolivia
Reply to: tour salar lagunas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted