We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3D Uyuni tour through Al Extremo

Toronto, Canada
7 posts
Save Topic
3D Uyuni tour through Al Extremo

Hi,

I have been contacting a travel agency about the Uyuni 3D/2N tour (Spanish guide) and they suggested me to book through Al Extremo. Has anybody used this company before? Are they reliable? I have been searching this company over the Internet but I don't see any reviews or comments. They just have a Facebook page but not a proper website.

Thank You

Salty Desert Aventours
Multi-day Tours, Night Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Andes Salt Expeditions Tour Operator
Sightseeing Tours, Eco Tours, Multi-day Tours, Day Trips
Expediciones Estrella Del Sur Bolivia
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Colorado
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3D Uyuni tour through Al Extremo

did you find an answer to your own question, i ad at the same position, no information about An Extremo.

thank you

Melbourne
Level Contributor
26 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3D Uyuni tour through Al Extremo

I did the 3D tour through Al Extremo in Jan14. We had actually booked with another company but they lumped us in with Al Extremo. However it was fine. The driver we had was Vlas, he didn't speak any english but was very cheerful and helpful, and was also sober through the whole tour (the small things!).

Note that you need to tell them about any dietary requirements well beforehand, and affirm that no, none of beef, chicken, pork or lamb count as vegetarian options! :-)

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3D Uyuni tour through Al Extremo

vinnie- do you have their email address? thank you

Melbourne
Level Contributor
26 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3D Uyuni tour through Al Extremo

Sorry no I don't. I got on the tour when I arrived at Uyuni.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 3D Uyuni tour through Al Extremo

We also just made the tour with al extremo some days ago, everything was ok, basic food and accommodation, but kanoo, the agency where we booked it for 850 bolivianos in la Paz explained it before as it actually was. Actually I think it's not so important where you book it, anyway the jeeps will get filled up and all the cars and hotels looked more or less the same (all tours leave the same time and meet on the sights during the journey and the hostels).

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
2 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 3D Uyuni tour through Al Extremo

Must do!

Really fun few days. First day was the tourist flats but the other days included lots of stop offs at a few weird but mostly all beautiful spots. All the companies seem to be on the same route so I don't think there's much difference. Also, I don't think there's much difference booking online or at the agencies in Uyani as we paid the same as those in our group. Other things to note include: no sleeping bag needed on the 2nd night (it's more windy than cold) and we were told the food was terrible and you needed to bring snacks because there wasn't enough yet neither were true. Only thing we would have liked more was more explanation as to what certain spots were as our tour guide barely spoke. Would definitely recommend this trip and must finish in San Pedro otherwise it's a long trek back to Uyani and the Uyani-SP route is much better timing wise when visiting each spot.

San Juan, Puerto...
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3D Uyuni tour through Al Extremo

So basically you recommend the 3 days tour with Al Extremo? What about the accommodations for the second night? I was concerned because in Kanoo they told me is dorm style with about 5 people per room?

Any other comments suggestions will be appreciated. We are planning to go in March.

thanks

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3D Uyuni tour through Al Extremo

We just came back from 3 weeks Peru/Bolivia/Chile tour. We did 3 day/2 Night tour with Red Planet from Uyuni to San Pedro de Atacama. Second night accommodation is very basic. We were with another couple in a dorm style room. other group members were in a 6 people dormitory. Generator power is available for two hours in the night. No running water. I believe other companies have the same facilities. Be prepared for the very basic conditions.

Toronto, Canada
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 3D Uyuni tour through Al Extremo

Ok, I'm commenting after a year but my trip was great overall. I went on a Spanish speaking group since it was cheaper and there were like 10-15 jeeps traveling together. The landscape is amazing. And the 3 days will pass by so quickly you'll be surprised. Everything was basic but that's the beauty of it. The way back on the third day is long and bumpy. Our driver seemed tired and dozed off for a few seconds. If it wasn't for one of our group members to shake him, the car would have veered off the road and fall off a ravine. Aside from this incident, I don't repent taking this tour though. The bottom line is I don't think it matters which tour company you choose. They all go to the same places and offer the same services.

10. Re: 3D Uyuni tour through Al Extremo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2016, 05:16