We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salar de Uyuni tour company selection

New York City, New...
11 posts
Save Topic
Salar de Uyuni tour company selection

We plan to make a Salar de Uyuni tour starting and ending from Uyuni. We plan to take the early morning flight from La Paz to Uyuni (reaches in Uyuni at 07:15) and start the Salar de Uyuni tour on the same day.

1-) Is that reasonable?

2-) Any company you would recommend?

3-) We may have time to do either 4D3N or 3D2N tours. Which is the best and what may be the difference?

thank you

Burbank, CA
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Salar de Uyuni tour company selection

Hi! Ideally I would suggest to go for 2 nights since the full day will be too much traveling ( and normally in South America flights are not as schedule!)

st. louis
Level Contributor
8 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Salar de Uyuni tour company selection

Is it reasonable? Well, everything depends on your flight. We had two flight cancellations flying within Bolivia, and my understanding is that this is not uncommon, so it may be a bit too tight to plan to arrive in Uyuni and begin your tour the same day. As far as companies, Hildago Tours is tops--very responsive; they met us at the bus station, dropped us off at the bus station following the 3-day trip, and took care of every single detail in-between. I can't recommend them highly enough.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Salar de Uyuni tour company selection

Hi,

I did this back in March this year and had no problem with out flights. We did however, book our tour in advance with the company we wanted to go with. ( Quechua Connections ) There are a ton of tour companies there so I am sure you will have no problem booking a tour. You might have a problem booking with one of the more well reviewed companies though.

Liege Province...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Salar de Uyuni tour company selection

Hello,

don't go to Wara Altiplano (Fatima Wara)!!

She sell bus tickets but she just gives a voucher, and when you try to go into the bus, you have too pay it again.

She also never answer the phone, it took us 4 hours to get our backpacks after the tour, a guy couldn't manage to catch his bus, she never showed up and just sent her son (6 years old) to open the agency.

So we waited for 4 hours in the cold, impossible to reach her on the phone...

And we heard lots of stories after, meeting people on the road who've been to Uyuni with this agency!

The worst!

Edited: 12 August 2014, 22:23
Colorado Springs...
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Salar de Uyuni tour company selection

When are you going? I am planning the same toward end of Sept.

6. Re: Salar de Uyuni tour company selection

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2015, 06:16