We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oyster Island

Brisbane
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Oyster Island

Has anyone been to Oyster Island over the Xmas period, we're going from 18/12 - 31/12.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oyster Island

Hi Helmer,

We were there in December last year. Don't worry about over crowding. It is a tiny boutique resort and quite a way from the maddimg crowd.

You'll be pleased to hear that the east coast road has been surfaced now so that will save you from the usual bone rattling trip.

Jen

Brisbane
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Oyster Island

Hi Jen

Thanks for that. Do they do anything special for Xmas Day? Can I ask you a couple more questions! Do we need to take our own beach towels or are they supplied by the resort - makes the luggage heavy and do they have a reasonable wine list or should we think about taking some duty free (I haven't looked at the allowances etc yet).

I'm bound to think of something else before we leave. Thanks for your help

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oyster Island

Hi Helmer,

I'm sure there would be a bang up Christmas Day affair. The restaurant on Oyster Island is exceptionally good at any time.

The resort does supply big white bath towels but I'm not sure on beach towels. We had our own at the time. Your best bet would be to contact Grant himself to ask him. His email address is

stay at oysterisland dot com

or click the link from their website

http://www.oysterisland.com/

Personally I'd go with the restaurant wine list. You get some fairly decent french wines in Vanuatu and they come at a better price than the Aussie ones do. Maybe pack a bottle or two to enjoy on your balcony and try the french ones when at the restaurant.

Hope this helps,

Jen

4. Re: Oyster Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2010, 05:18