We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

malo Island

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
100 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
malo Island

Has anybody been there. Thought might do a day trip from aore resort.Sound feasible?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: malo Island

Have not been there but it is not a long way from Luganville. Maybe 40mins by boat. Have you identified a boat that can do the trip or does Aore have one for you to use?

Jen

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
678 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: malo Island

I have never been so I can't give any first hand advice, but check the site out below. It gives info on how to travel to Malo from Luganville.

Have you considered spending a night or two. It would be easier if someone was expecting you and helping you to travel.

Good Luck. I think there are amazing places to see off the beaten track. Don't be deterred by the difficulty of travelling between islands, it usually ends up to be the most fun part of the holiday experience.

positiveearth.org/bungalows/…pandanus.asp

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
100 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: malo Island

Thanks for both of those. Have emailed Aore to see if they have an idea of if we can get there from their island. Otherwise saw that site and that we can travel to Malo from Luganville so will that if need to. will go with my 11yr old daughter while husband is diving for the day as a little adventure. FUN!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
678 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: malo Island

That sounds like a fantastic idea. I hope it works out for you with the direct boat.

5. Re: malo Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 04:16