We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuwoc Bungalows - Champagne Beach

Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Tuwoc Bungalows - Champagne Beach

Hey there,

Has anyone stayed at Tuwoc Bungalows (previously called Champagne Beach bungalows, I think) near Champagne Beach on Santo? I'm trying to find some recent reviews. I'm looking to stay late October, and having been to Champagne Beach before (nearly 17 years ago!), I'm keen to go to back and enjoy again.

Thanks heaps!

Mentioned in this post
Champagne Beach
Champagne Beach
463 Reviews
Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu
Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tuwoc Bungalows - Champagne Beach

Saw them a couple of weeks ago, looks like they are building a couple more. Didn't stay there though. They aren't right on Champagne Beach anyway.

Visited Lonnoc Beach Bungalows and thought they were much better, great restaurant, and on a stunning beach about 5 mins walk to Champagne.

Sure that "OldNHappy" a regular on the forum can help with Lonnoc Beach Bungalows if you are interested.

Or hope that someone who has stayed at Tuwoc can help

LTB

Mentioned in this post
Champagne Beach
Champagne Beach
463 Reviews
Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu
Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tuwoc Bungalows - Champagne Beach

moneyfortravel.net/tuwoc-bungalows-espirtu-s… There are a couple of reviews in travel blogs if you google them.... They sound great!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tuwoc Bungalows - Champagne Beach

I haven't stayed at Lonnoc or Towoc bungalows, but have had a look at Lonnoc and ate a delicious lunch at Towoc.

Towoc Bungalows are on a little beach just around the point from Champagne which is almost as pretty, and where you are even more likely to be the only people on the beach. Janeth who runs them is lovely and I would stay there very happily. You need to understand though that they are very basic accommodation, but in a beautiful location. Lonnoc Bungalows have many more bungalows, and Towoc had only two, but maybe more by the time you visit.

You will find a couple of spellings for them (as is common in Vanuatu) - the name on their menu is "Towoc Restaurant and Bungalows", so if you search under that name too you might find some info. There are some up to date reviews on the positive earth website - positiveearth.org/bungalows/…cb_bungalows.asp . I had a quick look at your link, P&L, excellent! I want that breakfast NOW!

CHeers, Barbara

Mentioned in this post
Vanuatu
Vanuatu
South Pacific
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tuwoc Bungalows - Champagne Beach

Thanks for your responses! I'm new to TA, but it's such a fantastic source of information!

Basic is fine by me! A roof over my head at night and a feed during the day is more than enough. Espeially when said roof is amongst such natural beauty!

Lannoc look great too, but from what I could work out they didn't have the beach view. It almost feels ridiculous picking over such things, everywhere is stunning!

Counting down to my holiday!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tuwoc Bungalows - Champagne Beach

From what I remember, I think all the bungalows at Lonnoc do have beach views also. Either one you can't go wrong. As I said, Lonnoc is bigger with more bungalows so therefore more people likely to stay. Towoc is smaller with only the two bungalows back in March but more looking at being built. The bungalows on Towoc are a little back from the beach but with only grass, coconuts and a few trees between you and the most beautiful beach.

Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tuwoc Bungalows - Champagne Beach

Thanks Barbara! I think I'm leaning towards Tuwoc at this stage, but as you say I'm sure I can't go wrong!

How do I go about booking bungalows? Am I best to give them a ring from Port Vila when I arrive?

Cheers!

Mentioned in this post
Port Vila
Port Vila
Efate, Vanuatu
Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tuwoc Bungalows - Champagne Beach

Yes you could do that, but it might be better to either email them or phone from here. If you are willing to risk not getting into Towoc then it will be fine to wait until you're there, as there are always other places you could try.

Have a look at the review on here too, you can see some photos of the bungalows there - tripadvisor.com.au/…review_122913656 . I'd forgotten about that one. The blue of the ocean is exactly the true colour, amazing!

Campbelltown...
Level Contributor
1,255 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tuwoc Bungalows - Champagne Beach

I have stayed at lonnoc and can highly recommend it. All bungalows have a view

p.s my avatar is a pic of lonnoc beach

Jody

Edited: 24 August 2012, 07:09
Sydney
Level Contributor
139 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tuwoc Bungalows - Champagne Beach

Hi Cattsworthy, we stayed at Towoc recently and can thoroughly recommend it. The bungalows are clean and comfortable and very well run by Janeth and Peter and family. The facilities are fairly basic - bucket wash & flush - but they are kept beautifully clean. The food is great - still thinking of the fish in coconut curry sauce!

They are situated on Towoc Beach, which has good swimming. In addition, you can walk through the water to visit Lonnoc Beach, or walk a few minutes around a headland to visit Champagne Beach. Spoiled for choice!

The family are lovely and will welcome you warmly.

Here are the contact details:

Janeth & Peter Toto

Ph: +678 563 6173

Postal: Towoc Bungalows & Restaurant

c/- P O Box 102

Luganville

Espiritu Santo

Mentioned in this post
Champagne Beach
Champagne Beach
463 Reviews
Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu