We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to decide where to stay!

Perth
Level Contributor
290 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to decide where to stay!

Hi all

We will be visiting next year and are trying to decide between Moyyan and Barrier Beach House - they both look beautiful and have great reviews - I am assuming we will be happy with either of them, I just thought someone might have particular recommendations for one over the other?

Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to decide where to stay!

They are adjacent to each other, and actually look like the same property. You can't go wrong with either.

We stayed at Moyyan in March and loved every minute. There has been a change in managers since then, but the reviews still seem to be good. The setting is picture postcard perfect. Go for it!

Cheers, Barbara

Kapiti Coast
Level Contributor
643 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to decide where to stay!

Agree with Barbara. I think which ever one you chose will be wonderful. We stayed at Moyyan with Tracy as the new owner and loved it.

The location is superb whichever property you would chose. Can really recommend the Spa at moyyan to. While it is small we both had lovely massages and I also had a fabulous body wrap. Bliss.

Enjoy.

Port Vila
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to decide where to stay!

Moyyan is good. Try checking out Ratua, its very beautiful. And when in Santo dont miss out on the scuba diving and Champagne Beach.

Victoria Australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Trying to decide where to stay!

I too am stuck between Moyyan and Barrier Beach, it seems they are both great. , Are they in an isolated area and how far into town. We re thinking of going in February , how is the weather that time?? warm regards mary

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trying to decide where to stay!

Hi Mary,

Moyyan is in a lovely spot on the waterfront near the beautiful beaches at the north of the island.

February is the hottest and most humid month usually, however being right on the waterfront allows for cool breezes.

I have not checked out Barrier Beach house in person so you'll need to hear from someone who has stayed there for more info on that one.

Hope this helps,

Jen

Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trying to decide where to stay!

As I said above, we stayed at Moyyan in March. I think from memory it was about 15-20 mins into Luganville from there. You can just ask the staff at Moyyan (or Barrier Beach if you stay there) to call a driver which cost us 1000 vatu (around $11 AU). It is isolated, but in a good way.

February will be very humid, always with the chance of a cyclone. In March it was certainly hot and humid, but Moyyan and Barrier Beach have electricity, and Moyyan definitely has ceiling fans. I think that's all you need; airconditioning just makes it feel hotter when you go outside. Like Jen said, there are lovely sea breezes which are caught by the louvres on the bungalows. The beach there is amazing, with great snorkelling and we spent more time in the water than out.

I could not really pick between Barrier & Moyyan. I thought they were the same property when we first arrived. I guess Moyyan has a few more bungalows and guests than Barrier, but they do share the same beach. Again, either way you can't go wrong.

Cheers, Barbara

Victoria Australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Trying to decide where to stay!

Thank you Barbara and Jen

8. Re: Trying to decide where to stay!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 17:19