We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nanda / Jackie's Blue Hole (and Car Rental)

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nanda / Jackie's Blue Hole (and Car Rental)

Hi there,

Could someone please tell me where to find Nanda Blue Hole (or Jackie's I think it is referred to)? We have been to Santo before, a few years ago now, and visited other blue holes (I think we did Matevulu and one other that I don't know the name of), but we seemed to have missed this one and would like to visit it when we are there again in a few weeks.

We will be hiring a car to drive up to Champagne Beach, Lonnoc Beach and Port Olry so we thought we could also go to Nanda Blue Hole on the same day. We will be staying at Barrier Beach House.

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for car rentals? I seem to only be able to find one car rental place online - The Espiritu Hotel and Car Rentals.

Thanks in advance :)

Bundaberg, Australia
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nanda / Jackie's Blue Hole (and Car Rental)

Nanda Blue Hole (aka Jackies) is approx 25k's north of Luganville on the right hand side. Not that far from Barrier Beach. There is/was a small hand painted sign at the entrance showing a blue pond.

We always use The Espiritu for our car hire as we have never had a problem with them but there are others. One that friends have happily used is called Joys or something similar and they are situated in the street that runs up from the Club de Santo. I wish I had taken note of the name when we were there last month! If you are in email contact with Barrier Beach then ask them for recco's and phone numbers as they may not available via the internet. If time allows on your trip to Port Olry then drop into Velit Bay for a drink or something to eat. Just another nice spot on the island.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Nanda / Jackie's Blue Hole (and Car Rental)

Great, thanks very much!

Canterbury, NZ
Level Contributor
96 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nanda / Jackie's Blue Hole (and Car Rental)

WE hired a car from Espiritu Car Rentals (family of 5) - but also looked at the others. Espiritu cars were far better value, quanitity and the manager there was has a massive knowledge of the island. Espiritu Car Rentals were great and I would highly recommend them. We were there in july 2103 and hired a car from them for 6 days and travelled up and down the east coast road heaps of time.

Edited: 20 August 2013, 00:26
Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
156 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Nanda / Jackie's Blue Hole (and Car Rental)

Great, thanks for the feedback :)

Do you know if we would be safe to just hire one when we get there or should I book in advance?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,879 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nanda / Jackie's Blue Hole (and Car Rental)

You won't need to book in advance.

J.

Sussex Inlet...
Level Contributor
6 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nanda / Jackie's Blue Hole (and Car Rental)

Barrier Beach have a small van that you can hire. Not all that flash but gets you from a to b. Shane at BB is a wealth of information and will steer you in the right direction.

7. Re: Nanda / Jackie's Blue Hole (and Car Rental)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Espiritu Santo