We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights from Port Vila to Espiritu Santo

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Topic
Flights from Port Vila to Espiritu Santo

Could someone tell me what the difference between an AV & ATR flight is? I feel nervous in planes, & need to prepare myself if it's a very small plane. I am travelling from Sydney to PV then onto ES & didn't think to enquire prior to booking my flight.

Also are there fishing boats that take tourists on fishing trips in ES?

Bundaberg, Australia
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights from Port Vila to Espiritu Santo

AirVan use 737-800's and the ATR-72-500's. Their smallest plane is the Harbin Y-12 so let google be your friend for pics. The chances of you getting the Harbin are very slim for the PV-Santo run but they do use them if bookings are high and they are available for service.

Re the fishing charter - yes there are and I can recco Island Fishing Santo run by Fabrice. He has a Facebook page that has his contact details on it. There are others but we have not used them and we now go fishing privately with friends who live on Santo and used Fabrice in 2012.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights from Port Vila to Espiritu Santo

Thankyou Bluey! I actually did google after I checked my flights on AirVan was relieved when I saw ATR. Even though I have never been on a smallish plane my partner has flown to Port Lincoln quite a bit & has reassured me also. He is a keen fisherman & I'm very grateful for your advice.

3. Re: Flights from Port Vila to Espiritu Santo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Espiritu Santo